The Modesto Nuts are seeking a Director of Ticket Sales. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3+ years’ experience running box office operations, selling individual, group & corporate accounts as well as hiring & training staff.
The Director of Ticket Sales will need to display tremendous passion for sales, the sports industry & the Modesto market. Our organization is 100% committed to finding individuals that are active students of their craft and have an internal need for constant learning and new idea generation.
Modesto California has harbored affiliated baseball since 1946, partnering with 11 different organizations including the New York Yankees, St. Louis Cardinals, Oakland Athletics & Colorado Rockies. In 2016, the Nuts signed a partnership with the Seattle Mariners and are now their Class-A Affiliate in the California League. The Modesto franchise has played in the historic John Thurman Field since 1955, updating the stadium in 1997 & 2008. Additional accolades include winning California League Organization of the year in back-to-back seasons in 2010 & 2011 as well as 5 consecutive attendance records from 2007-2011, most recently the 2022 Chamber Member of the Year award through the Modesto Chamber of Commerce, and the 2023 California League Championship.
The Modesto Nuts are looking to add motivated individuals to their team that possess grit. Individuals that understand the value of hard work and possess a selfless attitude, set goals for themselves and enjoy being challenged, hustle even when they aren’t asked to, seek out self-improvement and always keep an open mind. These are the types of individuals that succeed in our industry, if you see yourself as this type of person we look forward to meeting you. In addition to the above, the ideal candidate will meet & exceed the following responsibilities & qualifications;
General Position Responsibilities
- Oversee Box Office Operations
- Developing new business via phone and in-person appointments
- Conduct client needs assessment
- Customer sales presentations and proposals
- Sales and fulfillment of Nightly Luxury Suites, Group Hospitality Areas, Season Ticket and Mini-Plan Packages
- Sales and fulfillment of Group Sales, Corporate Ticket Sales, Youth Sports / Team Sales, Non-Profit Group Sales, Fundraising, events, and programs
- Sales and fulfillment of Corporate Sponsorships with both National & Local accounts
- Represent the organization at business, community and networking functions
- Must be able to work nights and weekends
- Must have reliable transportation for appointments and ticket delivery
Management Position Responsibilities
- Sales organization & management as it pertains to all ticket sales operations
- Supervision, hiring and training of sales staff & game day box office staff.
- Oversees all season & group ticket printing
- Preparation of all ticket sales game reports
- Reconciliation with each sales report
- Implementation of all sales and follow-up programs
- Maintain a viable customer and prospect database. Oversee CRM system
- Manages and oversees all ticket sales financial reporting
- Development, implementation & execution of all ticket sales training as well as all custom ticket programs.
- Coordinate with Food & Beverage manager for all hospitality needs.
- Maintain & update an accurate hospitality & seating location calendar
- Verify that all hospitality areas are set up in advance of gates opening
- Oversee all youth programs (sports & social clubs)
- Other various tasks as needed
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience
- 3+ years sales experience in sports and entertainment preferred. At least one (1) year of management experience.
- Must learn and abide by all California State Labor Laws
- Microsoft Office Products preferred
- Google Drive Experience preferred
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Proficient understanding of California Labor Laws and safety regulations.
- Shares and expresses thoughts in a clear and effective manner through verbal and written communication skills. Exhibits effective listening skills and builds positive relationships with all team members, vendors, and guests. Is diplomatic, tactful, and professional in all forms of communication
- Understands and supports the team and is quick to volunteer to assist others. Others view most interactions as being positive with a willingness to achieve common goals. Effective in working with others to cooperatively solve problems. Workplace behavior is consistently respectful of others
- Takes personal responsibility for getting things done in a way that positively and professionally represents the organization
- Demonstrates through their actions and interactions with others a commitment to Mariner Purpose, Mission and Values
- Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Completes work assignments thoroughly and completely in an accurate, and prompt. Identifies and corrects errors. Is careful, alert, and accurate, paying attention to details of the job
- Makes decisions and takes actions that contribute to exceptional experiences for guests.
- Aggressive and motivated individual with a passion for sales
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Ticketing programs (ticket system can be learned during training)