The Modesto Nuts are seeking a Box Office Coordinator. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 years’ experience.
Modesto California has harbored affiliated baseball since 1946, partnering with 11 different organizations including the New York Yankees, St. Louis Cardinals, Oakland Athletics & Colorado Rockies. In 2016, the Nuts signed a partnership with the Seattle Mariners and are now their Class-A Affiliate in the California League. The Modesto franchise has played in the historic John Thurman Field since 1955, updating the stadium in 1997 & 2008. Additional accolades include winning California League Organization of the year in back-to-back seasons in 2010 & 2011 as well as 5 consecutive attendance records from 2007-2011, most recently the 2022 Chamber Member of the Year award through the Modesto Chamber of Commerce, and the 2023 California League Championship.
The Modesto Nuts are looking to add motivated individuals to their team that possess grit. Individuals that understand the value of hard work and possess a selfless attitude, set goals for themselves and enjoy being challenged, hustle even when they aren’t asked to, seek out self-improvement and always keep an open mind. These are the types of individuals that succeed in our industry, if you see yourself as this type of person we look forward to meeting you. In addition to the above, the ideal candidate will meet & exceed the following responsibilities & qualifications;
- Manage and maintain the TicketReturn ticketing system
- Includes the set up of the current baseball season, creating new seating manifest as need, training all game day and full time employees on the ticketing system, etc.
- Sales and fulfillment of Season Tickets, Mini-Plan Packages, Nightly Luxury Suites, Group Sales and Group Hospitality Areas,
- Must be able to work nights and weekends
- Must have reliable transportation for appointments and ticket delivery
- Other various tasks as needed
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience
- 1 years sales experience in sports and entertainment preferred
- Must learn and abide by all California State Labor Laws
- Microsoft Office Products preferred
- Google Drive Experience preferred
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Proficient understanding of California Labor Laws and safety regulations.
- Shares and expresses thoughts in a clear and effective manner through verbal and written communication skills. Exhibits effective listening skills and builds positive relationships with all team members, vendors, and guests. Is diplomatic, tactful, and professional in all forms of communication
- Understands and supports the team and is quick to volunteer to assist others. Others view most interactions as being positive with a willingness to achieve common goals. Effective in working with others to cooperatively solve problems. Workplace behavior is consistently respectful of others
- Takes personal responsibility for getting things done in a way that positively and professionally represents the organization
- Demonstrates through their actions and interactions with others a commitment to Mariner Purpose, Mission and Values
- Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Completes work assignments thoroughly and completely in an accurate, and prompt. Identifies and corrects errors. Is careful, alert, and accurate, paying attention to details of the job
- Makes decisions and takes actions that contribute to exceptional experiences for guests.
- Aggressive and motivated individual with a passion for sales
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Ticketing programs (ticket system can be learned during training)