The New York Red Bulls are one of 29 teams in Major League Soccer (MLS). RBNY, one of the ten charter clubs of MLS, have competed in the league since its founding in 1996. The Red Bulls play home matches at Red Bull Arena (RBA) in Harrison, New Jersey. The three-time MLS Supporters' Shield Winners are owned by the Austrian beverage company Red Bull for which the team is named. The New York Red Bulls offer one of the nation's premier youth soccer development programs, from local soccer partnerships across New York and New Jersey to Regional Development Schools and the Red Bulls Academy teams.
The purpose of this internship is to support the operation of the New York Red Bulls, Youth Program, Education Department. The winter into spring season is often the busiest and most exciting time of the year for our Education Department. We use the winter season to improve our processes and innovate ideas which will drive our department forward. Spring is the season in which we educate our 170 youth coaching staff and implement new projects. During the internships, you’ll help in the planning and preparation of coach education related projects, spring orientation, staff training, and on-field coach support visits.
CONCEPT TO IMPLEMENTATION
- Planning and preparation, coordination with relevant parties and creating tasks and sub-tasks that assist with organization of the operation.
- Using appropriate tools available to you to execute the best course of action.
- Project management and task delegation. Maintaining records and documenting processes.
- Resource allocation. Identifying and selecting a skilled team with the necessary expertise to execute and implement.
BEST PRACTICES IN LEARNER-CENTERED TEACHING
- Ensuring a balance of praise and constructive feedback as it relates to performance. Accessing prior knowledge from peers and documentation and tailor feedback to the individual.
- Creating an environment where the learner feels empowered to self-reflect and be honest about their development and performance.
- Engagement strategies : Encourage participation through discussions, activities and problem-solving. Use effective question techniques to encourage critical-thinking.
- Feedback and Assessment. Use ongoing assessment processes within the education department to provide immediate feedback. Encourage learners to evaluate their own work and that of their peers.
RELATIONSHIP BUILDING & PROVIDING FEEDBACK
- Timely communication and planning.
- Using interpersonal skills to effectively build relationships where feedback can be shared openly.
- Providing feedback in an honest, constructive and coherent manner.
- Maintaining high standards as it relates to trust, timeliness and reliability.
LOGISTICAL & OPERATIONAL EXECUTION
- Timeline Adherence: Create and manage timelines for designated projects and operations.
- Communication : Maintain clear and open communication lines through the company used communication applications, notifying appropriate team members and stakeholders. Share regular updates and progress reports.
- Process Improvement : Continuously assess operational processes for inefficiencies and suggest clearer methods for operational execution.
- Detail oriented
- Must have a growth mindset
- Competent in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Interested in soccer and teaching
This is an unpaid, for credit internship (proof that you will receive credit is required).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.