A storied sports franchise…a world class arena…the best fans…
Original – Authentic – Vibrant – Attainable
Our Game Plan
The New York Islanders Hockey Club is one of the most iconic franchises in professional sports, with a deeply passionate and loyal fan base that is second to none. Built on a Dynasty in the 1980’s with four straight Stanley Cup Championships, our history is what will propel us into the future, confidently assuming a position of strength in the sports, entertainment, and cultural landscape.
Our home at UBS Arena at Belmont Park, which was built for hockey and made for music, cements our brand into the very foundation of New York. We have always carved our own path, and to our fans the Islanders are a way for people to be a part of something greater than themselves. To be a part of living history, with the glory of the past fueling the drive for our fifth Stanley Cup.
How to Make the Team
The New York Islanders are looking for an Intern, Research, Growth & Insights. Throughout the internship, the candidate will collaborate on a unique vertical within the Marketing department, at the intersection of data and insights, to help drive value and revenue where hockey and business meet.
Show Us You Can
- Consumer Insights: Leverage various data sources to develop fan and consumer insights.
- Partnership Prospecting: Conduct desktop and market research to identify potential prospects for partnership opportunities.
- Research Analysis: Deploy, monitor, and analyze scheduled market research and surveys.
- Paid Media: Work alongside the paid media team to ideate around revenue generation and targeting.
- Ad Hoc Analyses: Ability to conduct revenue driving analysis on an ad hoc basis.
- Internship Project: TDB
Your Training & Talent
- Currently pursuing or recently graduated with a degree in Marketing, Business, Sports Management, or a related field.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret and deliver meaningful insights from data.
- Experience with market and industry research.
- Proficient in Excel, familiarity with Tableau is a plus.
- Familiarity with hockey preferred.
- Creative and curious mind.
Where You’ll Go
- The New York Islanders have offices in Floral Park, NY, as well as Manhattan. You will be in the office 2-3 days per week.
What Skills You’ll Use
- Flexibility: Switch gears on a moment’s notice and adapt to shifting priorities
- Motivation: Leverage your personal skills to drive results and influence success
- Autonomy: Manage your time, work independently, and prioritize tasks
- Collaboration: Liaise with cross-functional internal teams and establish positive relationships
- Creativity: Think outside the box, bringing innovative ideas to the table
- Accountability: Take ownership of your work
- Conflict Resolution: Show off your problem solving and decision-making skills
What’s in it for You
- Expanding your experience with an iconic NHL® franchise in our quest for a 5th Stanley Cup
- Comprehensive health & welfare benefits
- Joining an entrepreneurial, start-up mindset
- Employee discount at New York Islanders Pro Shops
The Fine Print
The New York Islanders are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.