At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the remote position of Administrative Assistant, Racing Operations.
The Administrative Assistant, Racing Operations is responsible for a range of racing operations, security, and medical administrative functions dealing with the day-to-day business operations of the departments, facilities access control, event management, travel security, executive protection, training, and department liaison while maintaining strict confidentiality and following HIPAA guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares and maintains Racing Operations content folders and electronic files for each event (including but not limited to track security and safety plans, emergency action plans, event credentials, event schedules, track and public safety contacts, crime patterns, threat assessments, firearms qualifications, health certifications, and unique issues).
- Manages and maintains multiple security access control systems for NASCAR's facilities by performing audits, troubleshooting access control issues, and producing access badges utilizing internal systems.
- Assists with administering the department's background screening program, from performing checks to managing charge-backs and billing, and prepares presentations/summaries for leadership, while maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Plans and implements cost-effective travel itineraries for department personnel and consultants while monitoring, tracking, and analyzing costs for budget auditing.
- Updates and maintains internal department websites such as InsideTrack, ReadyOp, and MedChart.
- Assist with the NASCAR Safety & Operations Summit (website registration, hotel reservations, badges, site selection, meals, contract, program materials, and vendor participation).
- Oversees the maintenance of all departmental administrative files by reviewing documents and filing appropriately for NASCAR Security, NASCAR Medical Liaisons, and other departments as needed.
- Assist with NASCAR Roster requirements including team, event, and industry rosters and associated tasks.
- Travel as needed to special events such as the NASCAR Safety & Operations Summit, NASCAR Drivers Health Fair, and other events or meetings as needed.
- As directed, act as interoffice liaison with all NASCAR departments, sponsors, tracks, governmental agencies, and private business associates by answering calls/emails and receiving visitors.
- Arranges meetings, assemble background materials, conduct research, prepare agenda, and notify participants of meetings and topics to be discussed. This may include transcribing dictation from meetings for leadership review.
- Assist with internal and external policies and procedures document review from start to completion by working closely with department leaders.
- Assist with event preparations including communication with hospitals, air medical programs, racetracks, physicians, nurses, and others as appropriate.
- Attend pre-event meetings.
- Assist with management of NASCAR’s AED program, communicate with vendors, and assist with coordination of CPR training with human resources.
- Percent of travel required: 10%, including weekends.
- One-year certificate from college or technical school; or one to three years of administrative professional experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient with Company-provided hardware and software.
- Additional computer skills required are proficiency with web-based software applications, access control software applications and internet search engine software.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Deliver exceptional customer service and professionalism in all interactions with clients and stakeholders.
- Possess strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Exhibit analytical abilities, capable of evaluating data to inform decisions and improve service outcomes.
- Demonstrate patience and a calm demeanor in challenging situations, maintaining composure under pressure.
- Utilize problem-solving skills to identify issues, develop solutions, and implement changes to enhance operational efficiency.
- Require familiarity with medical terminology, understanding its application in the healthcare context for effective communication and documentation.
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at https://careers.nascar.com/ for consideration.
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.