The Minnesota Twins Mascot Assistant will be responsible for a variety of duties, including but not limited to, providing Mascot assistance during Twins home games, and representing the organization as the Mascot at public, private, community and team events, as well as a limited number of home games.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Participate in the Minnesota Twins Mascot Program and all related matters concerning the image and activities of T.C., ensuring consistency with the Twins brand.
- Perform in-suit, assuming the role of the Twins mascot, for a minimum of 20 home games, one week of Winter Caravan, and a minimum of 30 additional events as assigned.
- Preserve the identity of the Mascot without deviation from established character including body language/mannerisms, attitude, fan interaction, and team representation.
- Participate as a member of the Twins Rally team at a minimum of 20 and maximum of 61 home games, assisting the Mascot in the execution of the game day script.
- Enhance the game day experience in and around Target Field by participating in and assisting with pre-game and in-game fan interactive features, contests, promotional activations, and pregame ceremonies.
- In conjunction with the Manager, Mascot Programs, develop and execute new and creative ways for the Mascot to entertain fans, support the Twins brand and grow fan engagement across all ages.
- Interact with fans throughout the ballpark on a one-on-one basis, as well as large crowd engagement.
- In conjunction with the Manager, Mascot Programs, responsible for costume, prop and equipment care, maintenance and repair.
- Embody the Twins pillars of Passion, Hustle, Heart and Fun.
- Attend pregame meetings for all games worked as Mascot.
- Additional related duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Education:
- Excellent physical skills, including but not limited to dancing, tumbling and gymnastics.
- Excellent non-verbal communication skills; must have the ability to interact with fans while in costume.
- Must have a positive, energetic, and creative personality.
- Ability to perform activities with confidence and manage crowds effectively.
- Ability to respond quickly and professionally to any situation.
- Ability to judge and adjust your surroundings very quickly.
- Must have a valid diver's license and reliable transportation.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Baseball/softball skills are a plus, including the ability to hit and catch.
- Ability to interact with fans throughout the ballpark on a one-on-one basis, as well as large crowd management.
- Able to interact with adults or children alike.
- The ideal candidate will have prior experience performing in front of large crowds.
- A willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, holidays, and be on-call as necessary based on the changing priorities of the organization.
- Prior mascot related experience (collegiate, minor league, or professional) is preferred, but not required.
- Some previous customer service experience is preferred.
- Strong communication, organization, planning, and implementation skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and work within a team and service-oriented environment.
- Fan friendly attitude and willing to initiative interaction with the guests.
- Ability to work with and around a diverse population; respects varying personalities, viewpoints and working styles.
- Ability to be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability to lift items weighing as much as 50 pounds.
- Must have physical stamina to perform and remain on your feet for at least an hour at a time in all types of environments: indoor, outdoor, cold, hot, etc.
- Able to walk up and down steps.
- Ability to stand and/or walk up to 5 hours at a time.
- Ability to work extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as required by deadlines and event scheduling.
- Due to costume restrictions, the ideal height range is between 5’9” to 6’1”.
- Must be able to work in a seated position for the majority of the workday.
- Must be able to be productive utilizing a computer, keyboard, and telephone.
- Must be able to be productive in a work environment where the noise level can be high at times.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to walk steps to visit fans during games.
- Must be comfortable walking to navigate the facility to access the office, dining room, etc.
Are you excited about the role but don't meet every single requirement? We encourage you to apply anyway! Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for a job if they don't meet every qualification. At the Minnesota Twins, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.