Why Join the Pack?
At this organization, we do things a bit differently. We're not your typical sports franchise pouring all of our focus into the playing stage. We're about uniting together to push the culture forward, challenge the status quo, and accomplish things most didn't think was possible! Whether you're blazing trails in ticket sales, creating for our brands, or using your passion to elevate our vision, your contributions will always shine bright. Together, we are on a journey where chasing greatness is constant and breaking new grounds is a norm.
Position Summary/Objective: The primary focus of this position is to support the Lynx Sales and Service staff by helping nurture client relationships in the Minneapolis/St. Paul and surrounding areas. Individuals in this position will also provide pivotal support to the Group Events team with the execution and activation of game night fan experiences, promotions, and events before, during and after all home games. This position includes working in the office during non-game days supporting various sales and service initiatives throughout the season. There will also be a small focus on selling and servicing Full, Partial and Group Ticket Inventory for the Minnesota Lynx.
What would you do?
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these essential functions:
1. Support the Sales and Service staff with ticket promotions and execution
2. Staff the Member Lounge, Courtside Club, and Member Central areas on game nights.
3. Assist with the fulfillment of all Group Events fan experiences at all Lynx home games
4. Interact with fans, field questions, and provide excellent customer service.
5. Build ticket accounts and make follow-up phone calls.
6. Research leads and promotions.
7. Assist sales staff with day-to-day office projects.
8. Help deliver on touchpoints to all Lynx members.
9. Generate new sales revenue in full and partial season memberships and group sales by researching individuals, companies and industries.
10. Support initiatives & promotions in the office as needed.
11. Perform and strengthen other duties as they are assigned.
The above essential functions are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other:
1. Positive attitude and desire to succeed required.
2. Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
3. Computer skills required: experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) is preferred.
4. Able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
5. Ability to work well on a team and independently.
6. Ability to manage specific processes and tasks in the department under supervision.
7. Knowledge of CRM is preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: This position does not have supervisory responsibility
Part time hours to include working office hours in correlation to the Lynx Business staff’s in-office schedule. Often M,T, TH 8-5.
This job operates in a professional office environment. In addition to working office hours staff may be required to work Timberwolves and Lynx home games as well as external events including but not limited to: charity and networking events. Work is generally sedentary in nature, and the working environment is favorable. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. This job also operates in a sports arena, which includes bleachers/steps as well as moderate to high levels of noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information with others both in person and over the telephone. The employee frequently is required to remain in a stationary position, as well as operate computers and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, printer and telephone. Staff will frequently sit, stand, walk, and ascend and descend bleachers/steps in the arena. Staff may occasionally move boxes of merchandise weighing up to 30 pounds.
Position may require some travel to external events (locally).
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx are an equal employment opportunity organization.
Our DEI Commitment
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives reflect our nature as a Pack. Each one is defined by our collective strength and effort to move everyone forward. Through DEI, we speak up against social injustices, marginalization, and oppression, provide equal opportunities, embrace the differences of others, and create an environment where everyone feels accepted and welcome. Together, we empower each other to be champions of change, help put those around us in a position to win and use our voices for good.
As an organization, we’re proud to commit to accountability, transparency, change, and building DEI into everything we do; because when we do, our community becomes stronger.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.