Title: Senior Infrastructure Network Engineer
Department: Information Technology
Pay Rate: $120,000 - $135,000/year*
Reports to: Senior Manager, Technology Infrastructure
*Compensation rates vary based on job-related factors, including experience, job skills, education, and training.
The Los Angeles Dodgers is seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to join our team. Our team is passionate about technology, our business, our brand, and our fans. We focus on delivering outstanding services to our team members, fans and community. The role of the Senior Infrastructure Network Engineer will support the design, implementation, and operations of Wide Area Networks (WAN), Local Area Networks (LAN), Wireless Networks and the implementation and administration of firewalls and firewall policies.
- Strong analytical network troubleshooting skills and proficiency with packet capture tools.
- Design and implement, configure, and monitor, network hardware or software, switches, firewalls, wireless networks, load balancers, and other hardware and virtual appliances and machines, and all connectivity of systems and services.
- Understanding and ability to implement security and networking best practices.
- Supervise network and system upgrades including service packs, patches, and security configurations to ensure optimal operations.
- Plan and lead network-related projects, including network upgrades, expansions, and migrations.
- Evaluate and implement new technologies, tools, and methodologies to optimize network performance and security.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to network administrators or technicians.
- Proactively monitor device and system resource utilization, trends, and infrastructure capacity.
- Diagnose network and internet connectivity issues.
- Provides technical support and assistance to internal and external customers, responding to network-related service tickets as needed.
- Participate in the setup and breakdown of technology for special events.
- Follow the change management policies to ensure that routine, comprehensive and emergency changes are logged and approved.
- Audit the implementation of security configuration based on the established policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team.
- Develop, maintain, and improve documentation of the network infrastructure and security including design documents, operations documents, troubleshooting guides and training materials.
- Develop and create contingency plans including business continuity, disaster recovery, and incident response.
- Provide input and participate in strategic planning sessions.
- Contribute to critical initiatives focused on venue technology and moving the business forward.
- Manage several projects simultaneously from design to implementation.
- Communicate technical information and processes and procedures to other technical team members but also to coworkers in other departments who may not have knowledge of networking technical terminology.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as computer science, computer information systems, etc.
- Seven (7) years of experience in network engineering
- Experience in leading network projects from inception to delivery
- Advanced understanding of WAN/LAN/DMZ/SD-WAN/etc., VPN’s, TCP/IP, DNS, VLANs, etc. in a distributed environment
- In-depth understanding and practical knowledge of network operating systems including, Cisco IOS/XE/XR, Cisco Catalyst/ Nexus Switches
- In-depth experience with L2 protocols including STP, DHCP, 802.1X, LACP, MLAG, VLAN bridging etc.
- Proficient with addressing mechanisms (DNS, DHCP, IPAM, or similar), and with L1 technologies (SMF, MMF, DWDM, Transceivers)
- In-depth experience with L3 protocols and techniques, including MP-BGP, OSPF, VXLAN routing, VRFs, VRRP, and VARP, or similar.
- In-depth experience with other network protocols and methods, including Traffic Engineering, NAT, TCP/IP, Multicast, and IPv6
- In-depth experience with Palo Alto firewall configuration and administration
- Ability to engage with third-party vendors, including evaluating multiple vendor data products, documenting test plans, assisting in vendor selection and RFP creation
- Ability to create presentation materials, generate reports, and create and maintain documentation
- Network Engineering related certifications; CCNA, CCNP and CCIE preferred
- In-depth experience with Ethernet VPN (EVPN), in-depth knowledge with SolarWinds Orion (or other monitoring tools), Palo Alto Firewalls, Meraki Networks, VoIP, IPTV and Citrix NetScaler.
- Advanced knowledge of networking systems, protocols, software, and technologies including but not limited to routers, switches, load balancers, WAN technologies, High Density Wi-Fi
- In-depth experience in LAN/WAN technologies – fiber, Ethernet, WiFi, PTP, MPLS and or DWDM
- In-depth experience in design, configuration and troubleshooting of routing protocols.
- In-depth experience with enterprise network switching and routers.
- In-depth experience with cabling technologies - Category 5, Category 6A, Single & Multi-Mode Fiber
- Proficient in packet analysis (Wireshark)
- Strong knowledge of computer security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques
- Highly motivated and dedicated, capable of working with little instruction to resolve demanding tasks, as well as work with internal cross-functional teams
- Experience working in an enterprise datacenter environment
- Experience with virtualization: VMware, Cisco UCS
- Understanding of ITIL framework including experience with configuration management and change management principles
Current Los Angeles Dodgers employees should apply via the internal job board in UltiPro by following these prompts:
MENU > MYSELF > MY COMPANY > VIEW OPPORTUNITIES > select the position > CONSENT > APPLY NOW
LOS ANGELES DODGERS LLC is firmly committed to providing equal opportunity for all qualified applicants from every race, creed, and background. The Organization is also firmly committed to complying with all applicable laws and governmental regulations at the state and local levels which prohibit discrimination.
LOS ANGELES DODGERS LLC considers all applicants without regard to national origin, race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, military status, citizenship status, pregnancy or related medical conditions, marital status, ancestry-ethnicity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights law. The Immigration Reform and Control Act require that the Organization obtain documentation from every individual who is employed which verifies identity and authorizes their right to work in the United States.