Job Title: Lead Carpenter/Painter
Job Summary: This position is a hands-on lead position that heads a team responsible for the execution of our carpentry and paint maintenance strategies. Position is responsible to ensure the proper performance of all necessary maintenance and operational tasks developed to ensure maximum life and reliability of all building finishes for assigned properties/facilities.
· Assist and conduct the daily operations and maintenance of carpentry/paint and other general maintenance of the building as assigned
· Lead maintenance staff, assign and monitor maintenance projects as directed
· Construct, erect, install and repair structures and fixtures of wood, plywood and wallboard and other carpentry related building systems
· Complete Preventative Maintenance (PM) tasks as scheduled and document finished work
· Coordinate maintenance efforts with outside contractors and technicians
· May assist in development of department budget
· Inspect project to ensure compliance with local and standards codes
· Read plans and blueprints, determine scope of work, materials needed and their cost/availability
· Consider all carpentry/paint aspects of project and estimate total cost
· Keep inventory of material on hand and where material was used
· Paint, finish floors using industry standard materials and methods
· Other related duties as assigned, including game day maintenance activities
Position Qualifications, Skills, and Experience Required:
· Ability to lift items weighing as much as 15 pounds
· Must be able to work in a seated position for majority of workday
· Must be able to be productive utilizing a computer keyboard and telephone
· Must be able to be productive in a work environment where the noise level can be high at times
· Specific vision abilities include close vision and ability to adjust focus
· Must be comfortable walking to navigate the facility to access the office, concourse, etc.
· Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as required by deadlines and event scheduling
The physical demands described here are representative of those that may be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit for long periods of time; walk; use hands, handle, or feel.
Full Time – Non-Exempt (Hourly Members of Staff)
This role is a Full-Time, Non-Exempt opportunity that is eligible for Company Benefits, 401K, and PTO. This role is expected to have a standard 35-hour work week.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, the Kansas City Royals will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, the Club also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions please inquire with Human Resources by email at [email protected].
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.