Position Profile: Community Outreach Seasonal Assistant
Department: Community Outreach
Reports to: Community Activations Coordinator
Status: Seasonal, Hourly
JOB SUMMARY: This position supports all Community Outreach initiatives and priorities including community outreach activations, appearances, and donations. The Seasonal Assistant will provide administrative and logistical assistance and help coordinate appearances and donations tied to local charitable causes. This individual will be expected to exercise proper initiative and judgment in the supervision of all department initiatives. Outreach, marketing, communication, leadership, and organization are all important elements within this position.
- Respond and coordinate daily to donation/appearance requests.
- Assist with email and mailings as well as incoming and outgoing phone calls.
- Assist the Community Outreach team with development and implementation of community-based programs.
- Work with Community Activations Coordinator to plan and execute NFL community platforms including Crucial Catch, Salute to Service and Inspire Change.
- Collaborate with team to create and distribute annual Community Impact Report.
- Track and manage daily media coverage and value of Chiefs Community Caring Team initiatives.
- Lead planning and organizing efforts for annual Signing Day for the department.
- Work in unison with the team’s Communications and Digital Media departments to pitch and promote community outreach programming.
- Provide gameday support to Community Outreach team.
- Perform other duties as assigned by members of the Community Outreach department.
- 40 hours per week and events/game days, including some nights and weekends.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds for office duties and activities.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Qualified candidates must possess superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Be able to function in a fast-paced, multi-task setting.
- Individuals should have very strong customer service and communication skills.
- Demonstrated skill with Microsoft Office software applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other database management software.
- Must be able to handle confidential, privileged, and/or sensitive information with care and with sensitivity.