The Premium Experience Ambassador Team is responsible for providing world-class service at all Gainbridge Fieldhouse events. The primary focus of our Premium Experience Ambassadors is to elevate the guest experience by providing customized service to our Premium Ticket Holders, VIP guests, and all other fans as needed.
Most shifts will be dependent on the events taking place at Gainbridge Fieldhouse. Some months will be busier than others, so schedule flexibility and night/weekend availability is important. Depending on the event schedule, a Premium Experience Ambassador can expect to work anywhere from 0-20 hours per week, including approximately 20-30 Pacers games per season and 15-30 Fieldhouse events per year.
During the NBA season (October – April), Premium Experience Ambassadors are expected to work half of the scheduled Pacers games each month and at a minimum, at least three shifts per month.
During the summer months (May – September), shift requirements may vary pending event schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Premium Experience team by executing service and hospitality efforts for Premium Areas at Gainbridge Fieldhouse during all Indiana Pacers and Indiana Fever home games, concerts, and events.
- Pro-actively engage with guests by answering questions and improving their event experience using elevated service efforts and problem-solving skills.
- Maintain elevated levels of service throughout all interactions with guests in all club and premium spaces.
- Provide premium guests with appropriate wristband to allow access into premium space.
- Provide premium guests with information about the respective space, highlighting the exclusive offerings and benefits.
- Demonstrate effective communication with the Premium Managers, fellow Premium Ambassadors, Gainbridge Fieldhouse building partners, and other operating divisions when delivering guest experiences or resolving complaints.
- Maintain a professional, clean, and organized disposition and work environment while also adhering to the ELEVATE Guest Experience Standards.
- Be punctual and present for each work shift in appropriate professional attire as specified during training.
- Outgoing and personable demeanor with the ability to proactively speak with guests and make them feel welcomed and valued.
- Solid organizational skills, time management skills, and attention to detail required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with others without supervision, be self-directed, and demonstrate initiative.
- Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Display good judgment and quick decision-making skills.
- Demonstrate dependability by working all assigned shifts and arriving promptly at designated arrival time
- Flexible availability and willingness to work extended hours (including nights, holidays, weekend, and on-call) based on the changing priorities and needs of the department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of two years of Customer Service, Hospitality, Retail, or related experience required.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with VIP or premium clientele is preferred.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, move heavy objects, use a computer, use a 10-key calculator, use a telephone, speak, hear, and write.
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate and the noise level in Gainbridge Fieldhouse / game environment is usually loud. The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.