The Campus Security Officer ensures the safety and security of the people, property, and premises of the Pacers Sports & Entertainment (PS&E) campus by continuously monitoring and improving PS&E security posture.
Must be available for Second Shift:
Second Shift: 03:00 PM - 11:00 PM
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Notify PS&E Security Manager of any problems or concerns related to PS&E safety and security.
- Conduct foot patrol of the interior, exterior and immediate perimeter of PS&E buildings and notify the proper department of potential safety or security risks.
- Greet guests, check credentials of visitors to the campus, issue visitor credentials, and escort visitors and contractors to locations withing the campus.
- Assist any emergency responder.
- Conduct security screening of visitors, staff, vendors and others entering the premises as needed using screening equipment (x-ray machines and metal detectors) and applying screening practices to identify and prevent entry of prohibited or dangerous items.
- Understand and execute the NBA’s visitor policy involving the loading dock on game day.
- Examine doors, windows and gates to ensure they are secure.
- Respond to all alarms, take proper immediate mitigation actions, give warning and make proper notifications.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all PS&E policies and Security Department rules and operating procedures.
- Interdict suspicious or dangerous activities and individuals, requesting law enforcement response when appropriate.
- Monitor/secure/open doors, gates or elevators to allow access/exit of employees, deliveries, and authorized visitors.
- Respond to reported medical emergencies, providing first aid care until emergency responders arrive.
- Provide safety escorts to employees and guests.
- Prepare various written reports including incident reports and daily logs.
- Listen and respond to radio communications.
- Conduct self professionally with an attitude of service.
- Assist Security Manager with additional projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by any Safety & Security Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Second Shift: 03:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Primarily Monday -Friday | Some weekends
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Security experience preferred but not required. PS&E will provide training.
- Microsoft Office applications knowledge
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with patrons from varied backgrounds.
- Be able to speak and interact with employees, guests, and all contracted staff.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret instructions. and reports.
- Ability to write reports and correspondences.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from PS&E management and the public.
- Ability to peacefully diffuse angry or anxious people in stressful situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, interpret oral and written directions, handle stress, defuse stressful situations, and work well with patrons from varied backgrounds are all important traits.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Working outside in the elements for extended periods of time.
- Regularly sit, stand, walk, reach, use computer, use telephone, use radio, speak, hear, read, write, multi-task and present with poise, influence, and integrity.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, move heavy objects, use a computer, use a 10-key calculator, use a telephone, speak, hear, and write.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate and the noise level in Gainbridge Fieldhouse / game environment is usually loud. The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.