The Houston Texans are in a season of growth. We are seeking an individual for the position of Senior Director, Live Production & Events.
Our Texans Teammate Habits:
Dedication to the team
Passion for work
Win with integrity
Own the outcome
The Texans CHARGE
Be Champions in Every Way by Cultivating Excellence and Fearlessly Evolving
Culture: Weattract the best and brightest professionals by nurturing core ideals such as character, hard work, discipline, and teamwork. We reward performances and demand a total commitment to being champions in every way.
Basic Function: The Senior Director, Live Production & Events is an integral part of the Creative Department, leading a team to create a best-in-class production for all Texans games, Texans preseason broadcasts, special events, Texas Bowl, and select events at NRG Stadium. The ideal candidate will be an out-of-the box visionary with exceptional knowledge in entertainment and live production.
- Lead producer/show caller for all Texans home games, Texas bowl, Texans events, and select events at NRG Stadium (Soccer, College Football, etc.)
- Oversee the entire game day show/experience in coordination with the game presentation team.
- Write and oversee the gameday script in coordination with the game presentation team.
- Develop and oversee the live production budget.
- Supervise, evaluate, and mentor current departmental staff.
- Manage relationships with all external vendors and part-time production staff.
- Prepare control room for all live productions.
- Oversee content delivery and supervision/coordination of content programming for all Texans preseason broadcasts.
- Oversee Texans studios and associated live production equipment.
- Create a visual identity on Texans gamedays that is on brand with the season strategy, design, and themes in-stadium.
- Script writing and storyboarding for project concepts.
- Research and recommend control room and theatrical show equipment advancements.
- Stay current with new trends and technology advancements.
- Perform various other tasks that may be assigned from time to time by Sr. Creative Director.
Subject to reasonable accommodations, position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
- Must be comfortable working in a high pressure/face paced environment.
- Advanced knowledge working in a control room setting and its associated equipment.
- Advanced knowledge of non-linear editing (Adobe Premiere preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe After Effects.
- Advanced experience in lighting and set design.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple and diverse tasks in a high-energy environment.
- Advanced experience in creative script and VO copy.
- Excellent interpersonal, managerial, and organizational skills, and the ability to interact with multiple departments.
- Be creative, innovated, and original.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Ability to work in independently and in groups is a must.
- Display strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain solid working relationships.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Demonstrated ability to use creativity from conceptualization to completion.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and complete multiple projects and activities with simultaneous deadlines.
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software applications.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university preferred.
- Minimum seven (7) years working in a live production sports setting.
- Minimum four (4) years in a supervisor role.
- In-depth knowledge of the National Football League, its rules and regulations and the game of football.
Title: Senior Director, Live Production & Events
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Creative Services
Reports to: Senior Creative Director
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.