The Houston Texans are in a season of growth and are seeking an individual for the position of Email Marketing Manager.
Our Texans Teammate Habits:
- Dedication to the team
- Be adaptable
- Passion for work
- Win with integrity
- Own the outcome
The Texans CHARGE
Be Champions in Every Way by Cultivating Excellence and Fearlessly Evolving
Culture: Weattract the best and brightest professionals by nurturing core ideals such as character, hard work, discipline, and teamwork. We reward performances and demand a total commitment to excellence and a will to win in everything that we choose to do.
Basic Function: The Email Marketing Manager oversees the Texans’ email and SMS marketing with a focus on creating innovative, automated campaigns to better engage key fanbases and audiences and drive revenue growth. This role will be asked to develop a robust, creative email and SMS program that integrates with web & app marketing tactics and delivers key information, marketing messaging, and ticket offers to targeted audiences while setting appropriate benchmarks to measure progress.
- Build email tactics playbook to execute team strategy; evolve the visual look, automations, and segmentation.
- Build email templates for internal stakeholders and oversee team email and SMS calendar
- Develop & distribute email best practices to internal stakeholders
- Develop & execute SMS marketing & ticket sales playbook. The Texans currently use Oracle Eloqua to manage SMS marketing
- Build buyflow/landing page best practices including introduction of html/java code to enhance UX
- Manage data flows between email marketing software and Texans CRM
- Develop monetizable assets in the email & SMS spaces for the corporate partnerships team to sell against
- Manage the Digital Marketing Coordinator
- Perform various other tasks as assigned from time to time by Director of Digital Media.
Subject to reasonable accommodations, position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner
- Ability to independently manage marketing programs while integrating tactics into the organization’s larger strategy.
- Must be able to set data-focused benchmarks to measure campaign success.
- Ability to evolve tactics over time to stand out among other NFL clubs in a competitive landscape.
- Ability to operate within a team-based organizational structure that values collaboration and project ownership.
- Decision making capabilities with respect to duties and responsibilities including budget allocation and resource expenditure.
- Policy setting capabilities associated with the job’s purpose and essential responsibilities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high-energy environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop solid working relationships at all levels across the organization.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction to complete personal goals and as a team member in order to accomplish department goals.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to produce high-quality, accurate work within designated deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software applications.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university preferred.
- High School Diploma required.
- Minimum two to three (2-3) years managing email marketing programs required.
- SMS marketing experience preferred.
- Experience utilizing Oracle Eloqua preferred; experience with other marketing management software considered.
Title: Email Marketing Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Director of Digital Media
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
The Houston Texans organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.