The Box Office Usher is a part-time position responsible for providing a superior level of customer service to guests as they arrive for events at the Toyota Center. In addition to answering customer questions pertaining to box office concerns, the Box Office Usher will be responsible for assisting customers through the ticket selling and ticket resolution lines in a timely manner. The position will require the Box Office Usher to work a schedule ranging from 3 to 20 hours per week depending upon the event schedule, with most call times starting at or around 5:00 p.m. This ideal candidate for this position can work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions. The ideal candidate can also sign up to work a minimum of 6 games or third-party events per month.
- Demonstrate our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork.
- Monitor ticket lines and direct customers to will call pick-up, ticket purchasing, or ticket resolutions.
- Interact with guests to answer questions regarding entrances, event start and end times, parking, etc.
- Walk guests through the Houston Rockets or AXS app to help resolve ticketing issues.
- Report urgent inquiries to Supervisor.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Excellent verbal communications.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, but not required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the time and adapt to change.
- Ability to work under pressure.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others.
- The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
- The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
- The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed considering the strong focus on external communications and relationships.
- Ability to work in hot (temperatures exceeding 100 degrees) and cold (temperatures of less than 30 degrees) environments.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and communicate with others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.