On the track, Formula 1 is a team sport. And the business behind is the same. We’re looking for a Systems Engineer to join our Electronics team based in our Biggin Hill Campus.
The Formula 1 Electronics department produce a wide range of customised and bespoke solutions to support the timing, televising, and organisation of Formula 1 events.
We architect and design embedded systems for F1 cars to provide team telemetry and driver/engineer audio, and to deliver on-board video and audio for F1 broadcasters and digital platforms. This is in addition to a variety of other electronics solutions designed by our small inhouse team to support any aspect of an F1 event.
Reporting into the Electronics Development Manager, you will:
- Architect systems, lead technical teams, understand project management principles, interface with internal and external stakeholders, and be able to support and, where necessary, debug systems out in the field.
- Hold discussions with potential external suppliers, and you will organise and conduct tests and demonstrations of potential solutions to enhance the Formula 1 output.
- Research and quickly learn new technologies, processes, strategies, and tools to meet project requirements.
- Attend F1 races to support products during the deployment, handover phases, and initial support of the projects you work on.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent vocational and industry experience) in electronics engineering (or suitable equivalent, such as mechatronics).
- A background in electronics engineering with experience in embedded system development.
- Architecting or assisting in the design of embedded systems
- Ability to write comprehensive technical design documentation including requirement specifications, test plans, and test reports.
- Engineering design of products with electronic elements and components
- Enthusiastic, focus-driven engineer with a passion for all aspects of embedded electronics
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment, liaise with suppliers, and to tailor information to the target audience.
- Excellent planning skills, including the ability to prioritise and multi-task effectively.
Join Team Formula 1, make it happen!