The people who work off-track are as important to Formula 1 as those behind the wheel. As a Senior Solutions Architect, working on mission critical applications to support the F1 championship and support series, you could be one of them!
- Hons Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent commercial experience.
- Extensive experience with AWS Web Services and the following certifications:
- AWS Professional Solution Architect
- AWS Professional DevOps Engineer
- AWS Associate Developer and SysOps
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Certified: Fundamentals
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate
- Proven experience with CloudFormation, CDK, Azure Resource Manager, and Terraform
- Familiarity with cloud security solutions and best practices
- Good communication, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to evaluate, report and converse effectively.
- An understanding of cloud-native technologies and current computing trends.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud architecture, capabilities, and operational best practices.
- Experience deploying and administering applications in a cloud environment.
- Sound understanding of CI/CD practices, and have the knowledge to create build pipelines with TeamCity as well as with Azure DevOps.
- Experience with designing and creating highly scalable data ingestion pipelines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server (Currently 2016)
- Experience with consuming and processing high frequency data in a real-time / near real-time environment.
- Experience with microservice architectures and containerization (Docker / Kubernetes)
Reporting into the Software Development Manager, you will:
- Proactively contribute as a Solution Architect to support and development of existing applications critical to the Timing and production of the F1 Championship and other support series.
- Proactively contribute to the development of new and innovate products as part of a small team.
- Work as part of the Software Team across multiple projects.
- Serve as the primary interface between the Software/Application Development teams and the IT Division.
- Design and implement robust, scalable cloud solutions in collaboration with tech leads and software architects.
- Train and mentor other members of the software team on cloud technologies.
- Conceptualize, design, and architect application solutions for multi-cloud environments.
- Ensure all solutions conform to IT and InfoSec governance and guardrails.
- Stay updated with the latest cloud technologies and ensure their effective implementation.
- Ensure architectural diagrams are of the highest quality including commenting, documentation, and the use of Architectural Decision Records (ADRs)
- Participate in group activities such as demonstrations, design reviews, requirement exploration, system architecting, etc.
- Develop a broad skill set covering all aspects of the F1 software environment as well as a defined area of specialisation (T-shaped).
- Must be able to provide onsite (Biggin-Hill and Trackside) technical support for multiple race weekends during any given season.
- Must be able to work flexible hours as needed to support project timelines and deliver efforts on time.
Be the force behind Formula 1!