Keys Responsibilities: Support with the International Amateur Player Signing Process
Support Scouting Staff
- Confirm MLB registration status for potential signees.
- Coordinate with Tigers staff and MLB representative to arrange for drug test.
- Coordinate with Tigers staff on Social Media Screening.
- Work in conjunction with the Academy Administrators on the AMT registration portal for when try out players are invited to our Dominican Academy.
- Coordinate travel for try out players going into the Dominican Republic from other countries for scouting purpose.
- Submit signed contract to MLB for approval along with all documentation.
- Initiate US visa process, work with Tigers staff to ensure most efficient path to potentially obtaining visa.
- Request signing bonus and coordinate with appropriate staff when bonus is ready to be dispersed.
- Order new signee equipment for player.
Process Expenses and Administer International Scouting Operational Budget
- Arrange with appropriate staff to set up computers, radar gun, corporate e-mail, access to scouting database, payroll and human resources information, equipment for new employees.
- Organize paperwork for terminated employees, including pre-notice letters, severance calculations, requests and dispersals, collect company property (computer, radar gun, etc), correspond with local labor experts to stay updated with termination procedures.
- Support staff with travel, scheduling, data entry, information gathering, computer issues, etc.
- Manage inventory of departmental items and supplies, maintain list of scouting supplies, such as computers, radar guns, baseball equipment, etc., coordinate replacement and repair of radar gun equipment for staff when applicable.
- Order yearly gifts for staff members.
- Help with training staff on new and existing computer programs, specifically on the scouting database, but also other programs that may help staff members become more efficient with their jobs.
- Record monthly expenditures into budget tracking file, review expenditures in relation to budget, re-code any expenditures that have been incorrectly recorded in the ledger.
- Process departmental invoices for payment, receive, organize and submit all incoming invoices to supervisors for coding and approval, update invoice totals in budget tracking worksheet.
- Forecast projected end of year expenditures.
Coordinate preparation of periodic departmental meetings
- Compile daily media clips in the following categories and distribute them to the international staff.
- World News (Latin America, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Europe, etc.).
- Japan Box Scores (Includes stat lines for all players on target list).
- Detroit Tigers Box Scores (Stat lines for all int’l signees at each level, including game reports notes on pitchers).
- Assist staff with travel logistics such as air travel, ground transportation and hotel reservations.
- Coordinate ordering and/or obtaining necessary supplies or items needed for meetings.
- Compile agendas, reports, manuals and other meeting information.
All items listed above are illustrative and not comprehensive. They are not contractual in nature and are subject to change at the discretion of Detroit Tigers.
Detroit Tigers is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual’s race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Company will strive to provide reasonable accommodations to permit qualified applicants who have a need for an accommodation to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a job interview) if so requested.