Department: Baseball Operations – Domestic Amateur Scouting
Job Title: Scouting Supervisor, South Florida
Reports To: Regional Crosschecker
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete evaluation of all high school and college players within the territory.
- Have intimate knowledge of territory schools, coaches and players.
- Develop working relations with all baseball related people, groups and associates within territory.
- File scouting reports that detail player assessments including makeup, medical information, psychological testing and potential signability of the player.
- Coordinate player and/or family meetings.
- Prepare follow lists of players within territory.
- Negotiate with player and his family and/or agent in order to obtain services.
- Recruit, coach and administer the Reds Diamond Club amateur team.
- Oversee and supervise scouting in the Puerto Rico territory.
- Ability to interpret analytics.
- Complete necessary documents and administrative duties in a professional and thorough manner.
- Complete expense reports in a timely and professional manner.
- Communication skills to allow for successful relationships with cross checkers and scouting director.
- Full and complete knowledge of all Major League Baseball rules and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Independent judgment and ability to multitask is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload.
- High level of attention to detail and strong work ethic.
- Understanding of baseball operations structure.
- Must be trustworthy and comfortable with managing sensitive information.
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with wide range of departments, seniority levels and personalities.
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Experience, Education and Licensure:
- Pro or amateur scouting experience for a professional baseball club preferred.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience playing college and/or professional baseball preferred.
- Collegiate coaching with recruiting experience preferred.
- Spoken and written fluency in English required.
- Must be able to travel within the United States and Puerto Rico.
- Willing to work long, flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
- Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures.
- Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization.
- Perform duties as workload necessitates.
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Meet department productivity standards.
- Willingness to learn. Open to new methodologies.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, military or veteran status, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
You MUST complete your application in the third-party system to be considered. Once you click "Apply Now" you will be redirected to finish your application. Applicants who do not complete this step will not be considered.