The Consumer Products Manager plays a pivotal role in shaping the merchandise landscape of the Hornets Fan Shop at Spectrum Center. Reporting directly to the Director of Retail, the Consumer Products Manager will be responsible for the strategic procurement of consumer goods and supplies, ensuring a diverse and appealing product assortment that aligns with market trends and increases sales opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and curate an attractive and on-trend product line assortment for the Hornets Fan Shop and Spectrum Center Kiosks
- Cultivate and manage strong vendor relationships, ensuring performance indicators are consistently met.
- Write and issue purchase orders for both imported and domestically sourced goods.
- Accurately input SKU data into RetailPro POS software
- Attend in-person and virtual product line reviews, trade shows, and stay informed about market trends, incorporating insights into product assortment decisions.
- Maintain an open to buy budget that supports sales growth.
- Identify slow moving products and build liquidation plan.
- Create visually appealing displays at Spectrum Center and other HSE properties.
- Support Hornets Sports & Entertainment family of brands and teammates with sourcing knowledge.
- Plan salesfloor and kiosk placement of merchandise.
- Purchase supplies and fixtures for Hornets Fan Shop.
- Occasional service as Manager on Duty at Hornets Fan Shop including supervision of part-time associates.
- Solicit feedback from customers via digital and “on the sales floor” communication.
- Support Hornets Marketing Manager by providing photos of new products and displays.
- Occasional support during high volume concerts and events at Spectrum Center.
- Support marketing efforts of Hornets Jerseys launches.
- Follow NBA licensing guidelines and Hornets Brand standards for consumer products.
- Support planning/design/sourcing of Spectrum Center exclusive apparel line, Hive Collection.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Retail.
Required Skills, Experience and Abilities
To perform the job successfully, you should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Proven experience sourcing consumer products for retail sale.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience with data input into a retail POS, RetailPro preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to grow retail topline sales.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes evenings, weekends, and occasional holidays.
This is a full time benefit eligible position. HSE is dedicated to creating and upholding a welcoming environment that celebrates diversity.
HSE provides valuable benefits and competitive time off policies to help you and your family lead healthy, balanced lives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All requests for medical or religious accommodations to perform the stated job duties will be considered.