After more than 60 years away from Formula One, Aston Martin returned to the grid in 2021. Based in Northamptonshire, Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant Formula One™ Team has more than 700 passionate people at its heart, making a team with both a rich heritage and a fresh perspective – bringing new energy to the sport with a determination to shake up the order and compete at the sharp end.
The Aston Martin era represents the beginning of a new journey for us, but the racer’s attitude and can-do approach remain central pillars in the team’s philosophy. The focus is always on improving performance and delivering results. With fresh investment and energy, the stage is set to build on Aston Martin’s rich history in motorsport and establish Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant Formula One™ Team as a competitive force in the years ahead.
To succeed on this mission, the team is looking for talented individuals who share our passion for racing and hunger for competition. It’s a stimulating and rewarding place to work, with pure racing at the core of everything we do. We are building for a strong future and every member of the team will play an important role in our success.
We are a brave and united team who value authenticity, honesty, and are never afraid to question conventions. We embrace these values in ways that reflect our modern world. If you share our racer’s spirit and want to contribute to the next chapter in Aston Martin’s glorious history, please apply and join one of the most exciting projects in Formula One.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Finance Manager - Reporting within our Finance Department.
Key skills & attributes:
- CCAB Qualified (CIMA, ACCA or ACA)
- Significant management accounting experience (minimum of three years)
- Experience of business partnering and financial reporting.
- Experience transforming reporting capabilities, specifically automating and utilising software such as Power BI
- Ideally, experience of working within Formula 1 in a similar role
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities with ability to challenge effectively across departments
- Analytical mind-set and an eye for detail, capable of working quickly to a high standard of accuracy
- Communicate information effectively verbally and in writing with use of graphical tools as necessary
- Expert in use of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft products including Power BI
- Uses problem solving and decision making skills
- Be enthusiastic and versatile and be able to build, develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues
- Be curious and proactive in approach with the ability to identify issues and drive actions through to conclusion
- High energy and resilience, with ability to manage multiple priorities and perform effectively under pressure
The key responsibilities for this role are:
- Lead the production of timely, insightful, and accurate management reporting for the business and preparation of the leadership and department reporting packs which cover monthly performance, quarterly forecasts and Budgets – ensuring all department owners have access to timely, reliable and insightful reports on demand.
- Own the development of a new reporting suite – promoting the use of tools including Power BI across the wider organisation, to enable more automated, insightful information, whist ensuring consistency in approach for the wider team. Integration of key KPI’s, including operational metrics, so dashboards can be utilised by Finance Business Partners and the entire business to drive decision making and ensure performance objectives are realised.
- Supporting the FP&A team with models and reporting linked to quarterly forecasts, Budgets and Long Range Plans (5YP) and implementation of new financial reporting tools and software
- Working closely with the Business Partnering Function to determine department reporting needs, building relationships with wider stakeholders and be seen as the expert in your field.
- Integration of cost cap outlooks and data into all reporting to strengthen business understanding of our relevant cost position as part of our wider governance on the FIA cost cap.
- Identify and implement improvements in systems and processes to ensure all work carried out is efficient and value adding.
- Manage and develop direct report.
- Assist the other Finance Business Partners, Head of Finance Business Partnering, Head of Financial Regulations and Head of FP&A with adhoc requests to support the business when required.
Aston Martin Formula One Team is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining the most talented individuals, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion, belief, sex or sexual orientation. We strive to be a Team that reflects all the communities with which we engage around the world through diversity in the workplace and promoting an inclusive culture in which all team members are respected, empowered and valued