Position: Director, Performance Marketing - Full Time/Exempt
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Marketing
Location: Arizona Cardinals (Tempe, AZ)
Cardinals Organizational Summary:
The Arizona Cardinals Football Club is a professional football team within the National Football League (NFL). We compete in the National Football Conference (NFC) West division and call State Farm Stadium, in Glendale, Arizona, our home.
As one of the oldest pro football franchises in the U.S., the Club has established itself as a sport and cultural hallmark within Arizona, as well as a trailblazer for diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) initiatives and firsts around the League. Our vision is to build a leading sports organization that competes for championships, drives business results, creates loyal fans, develops proud employees, and inspires hope in our community. We are relentless in our pursuit of greatness on and off the field, while positively impacting our people, our fans, and our community.
If you want to join an organization that values putting the team first, doing what is right, growing with positivity, valuing every voice, while driving performance, we would love for you to join our team. Learn more about the Arizona Cardinals and see what’s happening here.
We’re seeking a new Director, Performance Marketing to help us relentlessly pursue greatness. The Director, Performance Marketing develops and leads strategies that lead to the generation of new leads and consumers through online and offline marketing campaigns. This role is in charge of the entire Performance Marketing department in terms of all acquisition marketing, strategy management, execution, as well as optimization across channels. The Director of Performance Marketing is responsible for the business’s day-to-day tactical and strategic operations and also support of sales and marketing analytics in order to drive performance improvements.
Primary Job Duties:
The Director, Performance Marketing will have the daily responsibilities including, without the limitation the following:
- Build strategies and oversee optimization and measurement of consumer acquisition, cross-sell initiatives, and remarketing in order to deliver incremental sales, and enable consumer loyalty
- Lead efforts in the utilization of data-driven methodology, analyses, and measurement in order to improve the effectiveness of all marketing channels, paid search, email, direct mail, programmatic media, modeling, forecasting, and analyses
- Design end-to-end customer journeys guiding prospects from top-of-funnel acquisition through nurture and subsequent conversion. (may be some overlap with second bullet)
- Implement and manage both online and offline marketing programs that will enable the business to meet consumer acquisition targets, sales, margin, and overall goal achievement
- Assist with the selection and management of the business’s technology partners for the purpose of ensuring that the business is maximizing on marketing performance and profitably
- Coordinates cross-functional input, deliverables, timelines, and communicates properly documented progress and issues of programs to the SVP, Marketing
- Track and monitor program performance against the business’s overall goals and objectives
- Provide weekly/monthly/annual policy and quote forecasts for all of the business’s products, evaluates scenarios for ROI performance, and communicates results and recommendations to the SVP, Marketing and key stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in marketing or business
- Experience: Seven years of relevant experience driving consumer acquisition across marketing channels such as PPC, Display, Paid Search, Paid Social, and Retargeting
- Highly proficient in A/B testing, bidded media, and marketing program optimization
- Working knowledge of Adobe products such as Analytics, Photoshop, and Journey Optimizer a plus.
- Experience working for a major sports brand is preferred.
- History in driving a business’s growth with innovative demand generation and prospecting campaigns, working with Adwords and other similar platforms
- Vast experience working not only with, ad-serving platforms and digital monitoring tools, but also with offline marketing tools and strategies as well
- Proven and successful experience managing a cross-functional team as both a player and a leader, being able to perform tasks and manage others to the successful completion of a project
- Proven and successful experience building and executing direct and digital marketing campaigns for a business in a highly competitive and complex business environment
- Ability to track and report on key metrics that measure performance in programs and campaigns inclusive of traffic, revenue, conversions, and ROI
- SQL experience preferred
- Extensively familiar with social acquisition channels, inclusive of Youtube, Meta, Twitter, and Pinterest promoted pins
- Display an ability and passion to continuously and consistently evaluate potentially lucrative acquisition channels for possible scaling and future testing
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, ability to research and offer ideas for solutions
- Demonstrate flexibility and creative problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple completing priorities that require strong project management and decision-making capabilities
- Experience developing a healthy culture within an organization where employees feel valued, engaged, and united toward the common goals of championship-level performance
Cardinals Benefits/Perks Summary:
The Arizona Cardinals Football Club has developed a comprehensive benefits package that provides economic and inclusive benefits to full-time employees. The Cardinals benefits offer care, protection, and support for employees and their loved ones. The Cardinals organization encourages an environment that is conducive to living a healthy, productive, and flexible lifestyle.
Benefits and Perks include, but are not limited to:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance options; effective the first day of hire
- 401 (k) retirement option with employer match contribution
- Paid Time Off Accruals (including sick time accruals)
- Paid Time Off for most Federal holidays
- Time off for Maternity, Paternity, Military, and Bereavement
- MDLIVE: 24/7 medical support
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) & Health Care Saving Account options
- Discounts on Cardinals gear & paraphernalia
- Tuition reimbursement & Professional Growth opportunities
- Daily free lunch
- Complimentary season tickets
- Subsidized gym memberships
The Arizona Cardinals Football Club is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.