Williams’ core competencies are the design and development of racing cars to compete in the Formula One World Championship. As one of the world's leading Formula One teams, the company has secured 16 FIA Formula One World Championship titles since its foundation in 1977 and is now moving into an exciting era under new ownership defined by relentless innovation and living sustainable performance in every dimension.
Do you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team who are collaborating to create the next winning Formula 1 car and make their way back to the top of the Formula 1 constructors’ championship?
Williams is one of the world’s most famous formula one teams, who thrive on teamwork, respect, and engineering excellence. Located in rural Grove in Oxfordshire, Williams is an exciting environment with driven, supportive, and ambitious people. At Williams you will be supported in your role by industry experts and work with the most up-to-date technologies. Your work will count and have an impact on the car and the future success of Williams.
What we are looking for:
· Highly motivated students who are passionate about learning from our industry experts.
· Passion for engineering, innovation, creativity, and technology.
· Someone who shares a common interest and is ready to work together to win!
With our placements, you are a fully involved member of the team from day one. Your work counts; you have an impact on our team’s success.
The successful candidate will join our Aero Performance Group (APG), which is the link between the Aerodynamics department and the Race Team. They will gain understanding in how the aerodynamics of the car affect the overall setup and be directly involved in analysis of real-car data. Throughout the placement you will be supported and mentored by the experienced members of APG. The knowledge & skills you will acquire during your placement include:
· Assisting with pre-event analysis of planned track aero testing.
· Supporting in-event aero analysis from the Williams Operations Room
· Analysing data post event, including correlation analysis across wind tunnel, CFD and track domains.
· Use and development of our data-analysis tool suite, collaborating with dedicated software engineers within APG.
When shortlisting applications for the APG Industrial Placement we look for:
· Relevant subjects such as Aerodynamics, Aeronautics, Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics and Mathematics.
· Evidence of coding experience (in any programming language).
· Students will have a minimum of two years’ experience at university before the placement starts.
By the time the placement begins, you must have at least one academic year of study remaining after your placement, whether this is in at undergraduate or master’s level. You must be enrolled onto this course prior to your year with us starting. When applying, please make it clear in your CV what your expected year of completion is to ensure you are correctly placed as eligible for the programme.
In addition to the above, we are looking for candidates who are:
· Have a keen eye for detail.
· Enjoy problem solving.
· Are excellent team players.
You don’t need to have a specific interest in motorsport to apply, we are looking for people with a keen interest in STEM subjects.
Application closing date: 11th February 2024
The application process will consist of submitting a CV, covering letter, and answering some questions on workday. Your CV will go through initial screening with our talent acquisition team. You will then be invited to complete an online psychometric testing which you will have 72 hours to complete. The results of these tests, in addition to your application, will then go through a further screening by our talent acquisition team and hiring managers. Once selected you will be invited to an assessment centre which will receive an invite to attend virtually.
When applying for student placements opportunities, all students are expected to submit a covering letter along with a Curriculum Vitae containing the following information:
· Your current career aims and how you plan to achieve them.
· Subjects that you are currently taking and plan to take.
· Relevant leisure pursuits and activities.
· Why you would make the ideal candidate for the role.
· Your expected year of graduation.
Students that are shortlisted will be invited to attend the virtual assessment day. These assessment days are scheduled to take place in February.
All assessments in the recruitment process are in English: this is the primary language used within the organisation and you need a good level of written and spoken English in the Industrial Placement role.
Applications for the student placement programmes should be uploaded through our career’s website via workday. We will not accept applications which are not submitted through our website, any paper-based applications will be appropriately disposed of.
Please note that we cannot give applicants individual feedback unless they have attended the assessment day at Williams.
What can Williams offer?
The Williams Group is based in multi acre complex located in Grove, Oxfordshire. The Williams Group offers a competitive holiday package, staff events/open days, a subsidised restaurant on site and various car schemes. We have an on-site gym (open 24 hours a day) as well as various fitness classes including outdoors bootcamps, pilates and yoga free for all staff and contractors to use. Aside from these benefits we can offer free onsite parking and large open green spaces to unwind during breaks. We are a based just 30 mins from Oxford City Centre by bus.
Williams is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments