Working with a team and independently, the Custodian helps clean Zions Bank Basketball Campus. We strive to uphold our reputation of having the cleanest Practice Facility in the NBA, by maintaining a “show ready” appearance and high standard of cleanliness.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in control of sanitation throughout the buildings
- Detail cleaning in restrooms, locker room, office area, concourse etc.
- Cleaning of office area, Jazz operations area, windows, stairs, elevators, carpets and floors
- Keep the custodial closets, storage arenas neat and tidy
- Interact in a tactful and friendly matter to patrons and other employees
- Report needs for repairs to the Zions Bank Basketball Campus Maintenance Manager
- Perform general custodial duties as assigned
- Embrace a culture of inclusion and diversity where guests and team members feel welcomed, valued, and heard
- Enrich lives by creating winning experiences and timeless memories
- Operate with an emphasis on safety for employees, teams, and guests
- Protect the reputation of the company
- Exemplify the Utah Jazz mission and values: transparency, all in, community obsessed, one team, and scrappy
- Accept other duties, as assigned
- Action oriented – Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Collaborates – Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates effectively – Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Customer focus – Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School education or equivalent experience preferred
- 1 – 3 years custodial experience preferred
- Basic math skill required (addition, subtraction, multiplication division)
- Flexible schedule to work weekends, and some holidays as needed
- This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally.
- This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess.
- This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time.
- This person must be able to lift 20 lbs.
The Utah Jazz provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and Utah Jazz reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.