The Utah Jazz are hiring a Manager of Basketball Content to join our basketball communications team. The individual will be responsible for managing the basketball content calendar, capturing and editing video, and helping to coordinate, execute, and distribute a variety of projects to internal departments and external media partners. Candidates must have a strong background in editing, project management and a demonstrated ability to shoot video. The role also requires an exceptional ability to produce quality work within tight timeframes, a high level of professional decorum and confidentiality, and the flexibility to work nights and weekends as needed.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the planning and production of Jazz basketball content
- Capture and edit compelling video
- Organize and plan shoots
- Set up and break down equipment
- Media management and storage
- Collaborate and communicate effectively in a team environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience operating high-end camera and audio equipment (i.e. Sony FX6 cameras, wireless mic systems with lavalier microphones and boom microphones)
- Understanding of frame rates, codecs, resolutions, and other technical specifications of cameras and video outputs
- General comprehension of different delivery mediums and specs (such as social media, TV, and more)
- Background in cloud storage architectures (ex. Box)
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software (Premiere Pro, Audition)
- Motion Graphics (Adobe After Effects, Blender, C4D) experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of demonstrated professional experience working in a fast-paced production environment
- Interest in basketball or NBA is preferred
- Flexibility schedule (nights and weekends)
- Knowledge of modern cameras and technology is a must
- Video editing experience is required
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with creative team and other internal departments
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced production environment
- Be hands-on and proactive
- Collaborates- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates effectively- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Tech savvy- Anticipating and adopting innovations in business-building digital and technology applications.
- Strategic mindset- Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Plans and aligns- Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally.
- This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess.
- This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time.
- This person must be able to lift 50 lbs.
The Utah Jazz provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and Utah Jazz reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.