The Utah Jazz are looking for friendly, energetic and die-hard Jazz fans to be a part of the Game Night Promotions Crew! Have a unique talent? Can you tumble? Breakdance? Juggle? Make balloon animals? Let's see it! This team will represent the Utah Jazz Brand as well as one of our valued partner sponsors by interacting directly with fans and hyping the crowd at every Utah Jazz home game. This team will also help with various promotions on and off the court on a game night. Please specify any talents you may possess in your cover letter/application/resume.
Potential candidates will be notified via email if an interview is granted.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work and communicate closely with the Director of Entertainment, Mascot Assistant and Production Assistants.
- Engage with fans during the game including, but not limited to crowd chants, holding signs, organic fan moments, prize tosses, etc.
- Assist in the execution of select game night contests and promotions including setting up props and games.
- Interact with all audiences and demographics, including answering questions, taking pictures and videos and ensuring the safety of Utah Jazz entertainers.
- Seek out opportunities to create memorable moments for all fans.
- Observe crowd and the environment for any safety issues and respond appropriately as needed
- Embrace a culture of inclusion and diversity where guests and team members feel welcomed, valued, and heard
- Enrich lives by creating winning experiences and timeless memories
- Operate with an emphasis on safety for employees, teams, and guests
- Other duties as assigned
- Interpersonal savvy- Quick at building rapport and curating an exciting environment with diverse groups of people.
- Fan experience focused- An aptitude and passion for creating exciting and unforgettable experiences with fans.
- Action oriented- Taking on new opportunities and rough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- An outgoing and welcoming personality is an absolute must!
- Must be able to commit to 75% of Utah Jazz home games (34 Regular home season games, playoffs in addition)
- Unique talents encouraged, but not required
- Ability to actively move and engage for up to 6 hours, and consistently navigate multiple floors of the Arena.
- Timeliness is non-negotiable.
- Ability to simultaneously handle numerous tasks
- Perform under tight time schedules
- Reliable transportation
- Superior attention to detail
- Must be a team player
- Must have a positive, friendly attitude in order to engage and excite fans
- Strong communication skills and customer service orientation
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality
- This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally.
- This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess.
- This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time.
- This person must be able to lift 50 lbs.
The Utah Jazz provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and Utah Jazz reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.