The Utah Jazz are looking to hire a Director of Streaming for their newly launched Jazz+ streaming service. This is a brand-new position, reporting to the Chief Communications Officer, with a dotted line to the Senior Vice President of Broadcasting, and is an on-site position based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
The ideal candidate is a creative, consumer-centric, data-driven professional that has a proven
track record in successful digital product innovation, development, and deployment, with experience in video and operations including streaming. In this role, the candidate will lead Jazz+ – managing and expanding its customer experience, growth strategy, and product features while meeting subscription goals and ensuring subscriber satisfaction.
We are looking for a big thinker who will be passionate about advancing the Jazz+ experience to maintain its position as best in class. This role demands a self-starter who has excellent project management and interpersonal skills and who is capable of driving cross-functional seasonal planning, product development, and roadmap ownership. The candidate must thrive in collaborative environments and be able to work independently, have proven capabilities of impactful product delivery, and possess strategic foresight to drive present and future success.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive the overall Jazz+ strategy, execution, and growth
- Manage and grow the Jazz+ product while collaborating across the content/programming, social/marketing, product/platform/tech, analytics, and Jazz executive teams
- Monitor Jazz+ performance and proactively course-correct and/or define new opportunities for engagement, retention, and growth
- Own overall look, feel and functionality of the Jazz+ experience, to ensure best face forward to company, consumers, and fans at large
- Manage the Jazz+ programming schedule - live and VOD - working in collaboration with the broadcast, content, and marketing teams
- Collaborate with internal marketing department on consumer communications (including development of media plans, social strategies, and overall Jazz+ messaging)
- Engage with the NBA, Kiswe and other designated tech teams to define use cases, review features/function requirements and define solutions
- Lead innovation and development discussions to build out the platform and product
- Work with marketing and other internal partners; lead vendor selection and management of agency relationships
- Identify consumer opportunities across current and existing platforms/products, and develop thoughtful test plans
- Protect the reputation of the company
- Exemplify the Utah Jazz mission and values: transparency, all in, community obsessed, one team, and scrappy
- Accept other duties, as assigned
- 8+ years experience in digital video, video app/product development, OTT/streaming/DTC subscription products
- Prior operational experience at a sports league, team, or media company
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate / build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and influencers at all levels, from junior developers to C-suite and VIPs
- Prior experience with live streaming production platforms
- Ability to manage internal and external stakeholders, vendors, and cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to work well with others, on limited timelines and with tight turnarounds
- Self-starter with ability to work independently – high sense of urgency and entrepreneurial spirit, but does understand the collaborative process of building and augmenting new and existing systems
- Exceptional communication, prioritization, and time management skills
- Demonstrable communication skills; must be able to clearly articulate at a business, technical and strategic level with internal and external teams, customers, partners, and executives
- Position will be based in Salt Lake City; remote work is not permitted
- Passion for sports is preferred
- This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally.
- This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess.
- This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time.
- This person must be able to lift 20 lbs.
The Utah Jazz provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and the Utah Jazz reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.