The Video Coordinator serves as a video content / feature producer for Lightning Vision and VSG Productions - this includes for all Tampa Bay Lightning home games and production projects originating at Amalie Arena; and, for select internal and occasional events requiring these services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in creation, editing and production of video features and feature elements, commercials, promotional spots, etc. as directed for display in-game and/or on other team digital/social/website channels.
- Assist with daily Tampa Bay Lightning team coverage including practices and home games.
- Assist entire production team through coordinating with all internal departments on securing collateral, direction and deadlines to exceed expectations of deliverables.
- Assist with the producing and editing of flagship long-form content initiatives such as Recharge and Bolts Beginnings.
- Assist with producing and editing hype videos.
- Assist in maintaining video footage database/archives.
- Assist with maintenance/care of video equipment.
- Collaborating across departments to ideate, produce and distribute content across all TBL/VSG channels.
- Camera operation, including the capturing of highlights and exclusive footage to be used across all distribution platforms.
- Fast paced editing of highlights and exclusive footage for us on social platforms.
- Capturing and editing player and staff media availability both pre and postgame.
- In-Game Lightning Vision Crew responsibility will be TBD by Director of Game Presentation and VP, Game Presentation on an as-needed basis.
- 1-2 years of recent sports production experience, ENG video production, and non-linear video editing experience – preferably for a college sports in-house production.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude, and ability to maintain healthy relationships with co-workers, managers, executives, and Hockey Operations.
- BA/BS in video and television production or relevant degree.
- Creative mindset to bring fresh ideas to content brainstorms.
- Knowledge of hockey is preferred, but not necessary.
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere video editing program and associated visual effect plug-ins.
- Technical aptitude, including very good computer skills (troubleshooting abilities and a major interest in emerging video and display technologies).
- Commitment to work scheduled event days, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Working in a production room win 6-8 other content creators.
- Commitment to work long-hour stretches - especially during periods of heavy pre-production and with short-turnaround projects.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.