The Utah Royals FC, Real Salt Lake (RSL), and RSL Training Academy are dedicated to the growth and success of soccer in Utah. The Utah Royals FC is committed to empowerment, while RSL represents the state with pride and fosters a winning culture. The RSL Training Academy nurtures young athletes and instills values of discipline and teamwork. Together, they are committed to inspiring the soccer culture of Utah and creating lasting impressions one winning experience at a time.
The Digital Director is responsible for providing the digital conceptual direction & content needs, including social, marketing, in-stadium, and other internal branding of America First Field, Zions Bank Real Academy facility, the Real Monarchs, the Real Salt Lake Academy, Real Salt Lake, Utah Royals.
The Digital Director manages and leads all groups within the creative services department including but not limited to graphic design, video, photography, and social and with the goal of producing a variety of engaging and attractive content for the Club.
- Initiates and leads ideation and storytelling across the organization with the goal of expanding the RSL and Utah Royals brands while connecting with audiences locally and globally.
- Manages and develops the members of the creative content group.
- Produces digital material for club platforms including but not limited to web, social, marketing & in-stadium platforms, and partners.
- Creates strategic Media Plans for all promotions, events, sponsor initiatives, community initiatives, etc. and facilitates execution. Produces team, staff, and stadium digital material for RSL, Utah Royals, America First Field, RSL Academy media purposes, as well as MLS, MLSNext Pro, NWSL and US Soccer requirements.
- Conceptualizes & creates the digital brand look, voice & direction in coordination with the VP of Marketing and other direct advisors.
- Provides reports on the effectiveness of all advertising campaigns including email, social, digital and mobile.
- Supports the creative and content needs of sponsorships and club partners to maximize exposure & benefits for all vested interests.
- Collaborates with legal to ensure all content follows platform guidelines, league rules, etc.
- Provides coverage on game days as well as community and corporate events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of experience in social media and content development.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Suite.
- Previous experience managing and developing staff.
- Creative storytelling skills with thorough knowledge of content timing, motivation, and continuity.
- A clear understanding of the traditional and digital creator communities and consumer dynamics.
- Ability to lead in an environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Reliable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with peers in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong track record of solving complex problems, strategic thinking and delivering significant impact as a leader.
- Excellent organizational, production, and project management skills, and the ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously in an organized and timely fashion.
- Proven ability to work in a constantly changing environment with creative feedback.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate efficiently and effectively both verbal and written.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required. Required to work most home and away games.
- Ability to travel to away games.
- Able to pass a background check and become Safe Sport certified.
- Knowledge of sports marketing with preference given to candidates with experience in MLS.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Graphic design and/or video/photo editing skills
- Bilingual in Spanish
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The job requires regularly lifting/pushing up to 10 pounds and occasionally lifting/pushing more than 50 pounds or exerting heavy force, in a wide disparity or environmental conditions. The job involves standing, stooping, bending, lifting, pushing, typing, etc.
Real Salt Lake provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and Real Salt Lake reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.