The Guest Services Manager assists in leading Footprint Center’s Event Services teams ensuring that each guest receives the highest level of customer service. In addition, this position may also serve as an event day operations manager for the Guest Services Department.
What you will do:
- Deliver upon the organization’s Mission, Core Values and Service Promise by creating strong personal interactions
- Lead by example in delivering exemplary customer service by creating an upbeat, exciting atmosphere for team members and guests
- Conduct pre-shift briefing prior to and serve as primary point of contact for staff during assigned events
- Develop event-day information materials such as briefing and assignment sheets
- Monitor employee call-off line, adjust staffing and operations as needed
- Maintain a visible presence and constant communication with staff throughout the event ensuring that exceptional customer service is delivered and duties assigned to them are executed
- Proactively and appropriately respond to staff and guests in a prompt, courteous and professional manner and serves as a senior escalation point for staff and guest inquiries, concerns, and/or complaints
- Cultivate and implement programs to elevate the employee experience and assist in the facilitation of the seasonal employee Summits
- Coordinate with the Director of Event Services and People and Culture to ensure that staff are “Coached for Success” including performance improvement plans
- Facilitate interviews, department orientation and training for new hires
- Operate and troubleshoot ticket scanners, radio equipment & handheld ticketing devices
- Assist in the preparation of reports, final billing and budgets relative to staffing, training, and recruiting
- Audit event-day costs in real-time in conjunction with the Director of Event Services
- Communicate and collaborate with Event Managers and other departments for event requirements including staffing, Security meetings, VIP programs, etc.
- Serves as the Manager on Duty in the absence of the Director
- Additional duties may be assigned based on event
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance
What we need from our Manager:
- Retain an extensive knowledge of the organization and Arena (or other facility as needed), seating sections, food & beverage offerings, key venue personnel identity, policies and emergency activity procedures
- Ability to project a friendly, approachable and professional attitude at all times, interact well with fellow employees and the general public and influence, negotiate and gain commitment at all organizational levels
- Ability to effectively communicate with and listen to diverse populations, including strong verbal communication, written and presentation skills
- Effective time management skills and ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment and/or frequently deal with difficult issues related to people or situations
- Understands how to manage information, balancing employee confidentiality with business needs; knows when to communicate information upward
- Understands need for data integrity and pays attention to maintaining accurate and timely data
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office suite, Abi 24/7 Incident Management System, Ticketmaster and Suns app, etc.
- Ability to read and scan tickets and ensure authenticity
- Must have a basic knowledge of technology, including operating and troubleshooting radios, tablets and handheld ticketing devices
- Ability to react appropriately in emergency and high stress situations and maintain order and ensure adherence to all safety and security policies
- Must present a neat, well-groomed appearance
Education and experience:
- 4-year degree in Business, Hospitality, Communication, Sports Management or related field of study or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a guest service supervisor role and/or managing a large number of employees at similar facilities/venues preferred
What you can expect:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have flexible schedule availability and the ability to work long hours, including late nights, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Ability to work the entire event including pre and post-event activities as needed
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment, but also the ability to function in a high activity and heavily crowded indoor venue
- Walking, bending, carrying of light items
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and may include walking long distances and climbing stairs
- Ability to take on any role within the Event Services Team and switch roles as necessary depending on event requirements
- Ability to Read, Write & Speak in English. Bilingual is a plus.
The Phoenix Suns are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.