WHO WE ARE:
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the Delaware Blue Coats, the Utica Comets, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do. Prudential Center in downtown Newark, N.J. hosts more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events annually and is the fourth-ranked sports and entertainment venue in the U.S. by Pollstar and Billboard. It is home to the New Jersey Devils, a renowned NHL franchise with three Stanley Cup championships and a proud, passionate fan base.
The Philadelphia 76ers organization is one of the most storied franchises in American sports, led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. The 76ers have attracted the industry’s top leadership talent from the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS, UFC and NCAA, resulting in one of the most exciting, rewarding, and dynamic work environments within the sports industry. The 76ers offer a best-in-class workplace culture built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At HBSE, we engage, represent and reflect diverse voices of employees, players fans and communities. We are dedicated to hiring the best talent that is reflective of where we live, work and play – across all groups and levels; supporting and developing every employee to reach their potential; and creating an inclusive environment that allows team members to bring their true authentic selves to work.
The Development Manager for the Devils Youth Foundation will work in partnership with the Foundation Team to create, implement, and manage revenue-generating activities including individual donor programs and in-game and online fundraisers. The position will be responsible for all administrative duties related to development and will also provide support for other Foundation operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE BELOW:
- Assist with development of annual fundraising plan with focus on diversifying funding.
- Work with the Executive Director to implement a Major Gifts Program to increase the number of donors giving $500 or more per year with a focus on multi-year giving.
- Coordinate timely acknowledgments to donors, provide and assist with carrying out stewardship plans for donors, and help move donors up to higher giving levels.
- Conduct prospect research and wealth screening to identify new donors.
- Develop and implement a plan to enhance donor engagement through digital and online fundraising strategies using industry standard processes.
- Partner with the 50/50 part-time manager to manage seasonal sellers schedules and conduct trainings as needed.
- Coordinate with the Executive Director to set attainable goals for the 50/50 program.
- Produce weekly revenue reports and analytics for the 50/50 program.
- Serve as the main contact for 50/50 vendors.
- Work nights/weekends to coordinate the 50/50 program during New Jersey Devils home games.
- Maintain the relationship with the Devils Youth Foundation’s in-game auction company.
- Work internally and externally to procure worthwhile auction items and experiences.
- Manage the inventory for the Devils Youth Foundation Online Auctions.
- Communicate with auction company and the winners of the auctions, collect payments, and ensure timely delivery of items and acknowledgements.
- Manage the inventory of the online retail store.
- Track and report monthly revenue of the online retail store.
- Shopped all items from the online retail store in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and implement any other fundraising or revenue generating activities for the Devils Youth Foundation.
- Track, record, and acknowledge all gifts and revenue in the donor database in alignment with applicable policies.
- Report and analyze fundraising activities data to share with Foundation staff.
- Prepare fundraising reports for Board meetings.
- Seek out and manage in-kind donation opportunities.
- Identify grant opportunities and write or assist with grant proposals.
- Assist Foundation team with preparation of Board of Directors meetings.
- Assist with social media as related to development activities and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ year of experience with nonprofits, foundations, public service, and/or community-based organizations in development capacity
- Proven progressive utilization of database management/CRM and data-driven decision making
- Ability to demonstrate forward-thinking analytical skills to help raise funds
- Excellent organizational, leadership, and customer service skills
- Excellent knowledge of PC systems including Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe, PowerPoint, and other platforms
- Ability to focus and perform amidst multiple project requests, competing demands, and at times shifting priorities
- Commitment to handling appropriate information with confidentiality, security, and integrity.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Flexible Spending Accounts (all LGBT friendly)
- Pretax Transportation Benefit
- Generous parental leave policies
- 401K (100% up to 5% is matched, after 1 year of service)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 13 Paid Holidays
- ½ Day Summer Fridays
- Complimentary or Discounted Sports & Concert Tickets
- On Site Fitness Rooms
- Other League & Partner Discounts