Job Title: Part-Time Ice Hockey Coach
Employer: Sabertooth Sports & Entertainment (“SS&E”)
Job Location: Ford Ice Center – Clarksville (“FIC”)
Department: Rink Programming
Job Reports to: Hockey Manager
Status: Non-Exempt, Part-Time
About the Role: Ford Ice Center is seeking eager, hard-working USA Hockey certified ice hockey coaches to assist the hockey coordinator in the execution of daily hockey operations. This position will be responsible to coordinate and execute the on-ice training and skill development of youth/adult hockey players at Ford Ice Center for leagues and internal camps/clinics. This position will also provide support for the Nashville Predators Amateur Hockey & Fan Development initiatives in the community, such as try hockey for free and various entry level grassroots hockey programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SS&E is an equal opportunity employer. The organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability status, genetic information, or any other applicable federal or state protected classification. The organization celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] to request an accommodation.
- Assist Hockey Manager to develop and execute fun, exciting practice plans for all ages using USA Hockey ADM principles.
- Facilitate on-ice instruction of youth league practices/games and internal programs such as PREDecessor, G.O.A.L!, Try Hockey for Free, and weekly skill development classes for all ages.
- Aid in the setup of various on-ice props and water bottles as assigned.
- Assist facility staff with equipment fitting sessions.
- Work with hockey families with putting on equipment, tying skates and provide excellent customer service.
- Support Hockey Coordinator in the recruitment and training of coaches and volunteers.
- Assist in the evaluation of players for proper placement in various programs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of facility programs when communicating to parents.
- Serve as an ambassador to facility’s youth/adult programs to support the transition of participants from program to program.
- Work with others within the Ford Ice Center organization to promote the facility.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Proficient ice skating required.
- Valid USA Hockey Coaching Education Program certification, Level 1 minimum.
- Two (2) years of ice hockey coaching experience at the Mite (8U) – Peewee (12U) level.
- Hockey knowledge and playing background of 5 (five) years or more at a high school, college, junior, minor or professional hockey level.
- Experience running on-ice practices following USA Hockey American Development Model.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be taken into consideration.
- Knowledge of the hockey community in the Middle Tennessee area.
- Positive, energetic, friendly individual who can communicate effectively with employees and customers.
- Flexible schedule, including weekdays, nights, weekends, and holidays; able to work 15-20 hours a week on ice.
- As a condition of employment, qualified applicants will be subject to a background check, including a criminal history check, driving history and character references.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Ability to skate and instruct with clients.
- Ability to pick up children and be mobile on the ice.
- Excellent speaking and listening skills, requiring the perception of speech.
- Physical activities include sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, lifting, grasping, balancing and handling of materials, and working with arms raised for prolonged periods.
- Exposure to bright lights, extreme temperatures, loud noise, dust.
- Ability to work with and around water and ice and to work at or below freezing temperatures for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Office Equipment (PC based desktop, Multi-line Phone System, etc.)
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instruction or assignments.