The Senior Vice President of Finance serves as the leader of the Finance Department for Minnesota United FC (MNUFC), a sports business located in the Twins Cities area of Minnesota and a member of Major League Soccer (MLS), the top tier soccer league in North America.
This position will report directly to the Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer/ Chief Administrative Officer (“EVP, CFO/ CAO”) and work collaboratively across all Club departments.
The SVP of Finance will oversee all finance and accounting responsibilities for MNUFC. In this position, you will directly manage the finance, accounting and payroll teams to ensure that business is operating effectively, supported by data driven decision making and sound financial and operating controls. This position requires collaboration and cross-functional teamwork across all aspects of the Club.
- Oversight and management of all accounting, finance and payroll teams and responsibilities
- Supervise key finance, accounting and payroll personnel and effectively support and promote the development of staff as required
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting, ensuring that external reporting is prepared in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and banking requirements
- Provide ongoing financial analysis of operational results against budget
- Work side-by side with the MNUFC department leads to fully understand the business and support the financial goals and objectives of the Club
- Prepare and present financial information to executive management with timely and accurate financial and other management information in usable and understandable formats
- Manage annual operating and capital budget and forecast processes; ensuring key business initiatives are captured appropriately
- Oversee all League and bank reporting responsibilities
- Oversee and manage cash management and forecasting
- Implement initiatives to improve the financial reporting processes
- Model an entrepreneurial approach to developing innovative solutions to meet business needs and provide strategic guidance on Club priorities and strategy through sound operational and financial analysis and reporting
- Contribute to the development of business strategy and annual business planning processes
- Provide financial analysis to a wide range of assignments to support numerous business processes and initiatives
- Develop systems for key financial and operating initiatives, as needed, as business growth occurs and matures
- Implement and oversee the development of key operational and financial reporting activities
- Serve as the subject matter expert on financial and accounting policies and oversee all financial regulatory compliance requirements
- Provide comprehensive balanced advice on finance policies
- Manage relationships with auditors and tax preparers
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and internal controls. Including, recommending and implementing written policies and procedures that reflect the financial goals and objectives of the organization’s ownership group and executive management team.
- Serve as a key leader across the Club providing leadership and input to management peers regarding the financial implications of all major business decisions
- Provide analysis and support for developing ideas, programs and projects
- Lead financial education and mentorship to increase financial acumen across the Club
- Establish and cultivate strong relationships with all MNUFC employees
- Direct others to resolve business problems that affect multiple functions or disciplines
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related discipline required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
- 8-12+ years of financial experience and management experience with day-to-day financial operations of an organization of at least 50 employees
- Experience with QuickBooks preferred
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Public Accounting and/ or previous experience as a Controller preferred
MNUFC is a professional soccer club playing in Major League Soccer (MLS), the top tier of soccer in North America, and which operates under the oversight of the U.S. Soccer Federation, a member of FIFA. The Club is headquartered in Golden Valley, MN. Soccer operations are located at the MNUFC Training Center in Blaine, MN, and the team plays its home matches at Allianz Field in St. Paul, MN.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.