Department: Stadium Operations
Direct Supervisor: SVP, Stadium Operations
The Vice President of Construction will direct and oversee all construction projects. The ideal candidate will be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously while acting as a liaison between all internal and external parties involved. The candidate must have the appropriate knowledge and experience in construction and project management to execute all responsibilities independently. This is a full-time role that will manage on-site construction related to the Miami Dolphins, Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Open and Formula 1 Crypto.com Miami Grand Prix.
- This is a full-time position based on site at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, FL.
- Oversee project management staff including full-time, part-time, vendors and contracted workers
- Coordinate and maintain all permits, licenses, contracts, master and standard service agreements, budgets, and any other related documentation relevant to necessary projects
- Participate in negotiations to acquire all necessary materials in the best interest of the Company
- Collaborate with Procurement to develop best-practice sourcing for all construction related processes and materials
- Develop cost estimates and budgets for new construction and all other maintenance related expenses
- Prepare and manage project schedules for pre-construction, construction, and post-construction periods to meet all deadlines
- Participate in all on-site meetings and inspections, and create progress reports throughout the duration of the project
- Decrease operating costs while maintaining top quality control standards across all projects
- Stay current in all industry standards and construction regulations, and develop communication plans to ensure all internal and external stakeholders are in compliance with those practices
- Curate relationships with government officials and city inspectors to ensure smooth and open communication
- Adhere to any ad hoc requests and bring leadership team’s campus vision to life
- 10+ years of professional experience in sports facilities, hotel, or residential construction
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (construction, architecture, or engineering preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in senior project management role
- Knowledge of policies and regulations during all stages of construction
- Ability to manage a continuous stream of overlapping projects
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Keen attention to detail and organizational skills
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance (including voluntary coverage for spouses and children)
- Long term disability insurance
- Ticket benefits for events including Miami Dolphins games, the Formula 1 Crypto.com Miami Grand Prix, and the Miami Open
- Employee gym, subsidized lunch program, and discounts on a variety of products and services
- 401k and NFL Club Employees Pension Plan
- Paid time off (PTO) and company holidays
The Miami Dolphins, Hard Rock Stadium and South Florida Motorsports are proud to be Drug-Free Workplaces. Offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.