Reporting organisationally to the Head of Fan Operations, the Manager, Fan Experience and Innovation will be a key member of the FIFA26 Operations team, and work in close collaboration with the FIFA Zurich Project team and other key individuals responsible for delivering the Fan Experience and Innovation sub project within the overall Fan Operations project, with a focus on optimising fan experience and implementing innovation and digital communication along the fan journey, covering all 16 venues and host cities.
The main responsibilities and oversights of the Manager, Fan Experience and Innovation for the FIFA World Cup 26™ include:
- Create, study and propose innovative solutions in line with the Tournament objectives.
- Participate in and translate market research. Stay informed of emerging technologies and trends.
- Collate the fan journey and identify opportunities for optimisation.
- Ensuring the physical and digital fan experience and tournament fan journeys are fully aligned and complimentary.
- Represent fan operations in the application product team throughout the product lifecycle; from inception to operations. Participate in the UX design and testing to ensure a user friendly and visually appealing experience.
- Facilitate the engagement and coordination of all operational areas involved in app product development and content provision, during the product lifecycle. Assist Technology in managing product backlog.
- Ensure the successful execution of owned operational features and products. Work closely with Digital and Technology colleagues to ensure delivery.
- Facilitate and drive alignment among key stakeholders involved in innovation projects, converging on a set of requirements and features that bring the business and the fan added value.
- Establish effective communication channels, collaborating with FIFA and/or FIFA26 Functional Areas and leveraging partner expertise for mutual projects.
- Participate in and develop fan surveys to ensure a memorable and world class experience is being delivered.
- Support Host Cities and collaborate with various FIFA and/or FIFA26 functional areas for events within each region.
- University degree in appropriate subject (or adequate training/vocational education).
- Digital native, with a passion for innovation and research.
- Team Player, willing to work to tight timelines.
- Solution oriented with a strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication and organisational skills.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Positive attitude, patience and persistence.
- Ability to prioritize and handle large workload efficiently at peak times.
- Sound judgement and prioritization of tasks.
- International, cross-cultural work experiences preferred. Experience or knowledge of local culture will be an added benefit.
- Proven experience of involvement in mobile app development from a business or customer perspective
- Experience of developing and implementing innovation strategies
- Strong project and product management skills with a track record of successful project delivery.
- Proven track record in managing complex projects, preferably within international sports events.
- Working knowledge of fan operations and services at international sports events
- Fluent in English. Spanish and/or French proficiency is a plus
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, Visio & Project), planning software, online collaboration tools, CRM systems, FIGMA and digital content creation software.
- Understanding of BI tools
- Knowledge of relevant programming language
The FIFA World Cup 26™ will mark the first time that the tournament features 48 teams and will be hosted by three countries: Canada, Mexico, and the United States.
This new format redefines excellence, generating unique opportunities for greater participation and engagement from fans and players in North America and all over the world. Now is your time to be a game changer and join the workforce that is planning and delivering this unique and unforgettable experience.