Reporting organisationally to the Executive Director, Commercial Operations, the Head of FIFA Fan Festival will be a key member of the FIFA26 Commercial Operations team, and work in close collaboration with the FIFA Zurich Project team and other key individuals responsible for delivering the strategic planning, execution, and overall management of the fan festival, ensuring a world-class experience for fans and maximizing the festival's impact and success. Further, this role will oversee budget management, team leadership, vendor coordination, fan engagement initiatives, and logistics.
The main responsibilities and oversights of the Head of FIFA Fan Festival for the FIFA World Cup 26™ include:
- Lead and manage the strategic planning, development, and execution of the FIFA Fan Festival in association with the Commercial Operations team, aligning it with the overall objectives and vision of the FIFA World Cup 26™.
- Oversee all operational aspects of the fan festival, including budgeting, resource allocation, and procurement, to ensure efficient and effective delivery of the event.
- Provide leadership, direction, and guidance to a team of event professionals, fostering a collaborative and high-performance work environment.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive fan engagement strategy, incorporating innovative and immersive experiences to create a memorable and inclusive festival atmosphere.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including FIFA, Host Cities, sponsors, and partners, to maximize the festival's impact and create synergies with other FIFA World Cup 26™ initiatives.
- Manage vendor relationships and contracts, negotiating terms and ensuring timely delivery of goods and services in line with quality standards and budget requirements.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the Host Cities, local authorities, agencies, and community organizations to ensure compliance with regulations, obtain necessary permits, and manage logistical challenges.
- Oversee the development and execution of the festival's marketing and communication plans in consideration of the overall FIFA World Cup 26™ Marketing and Communications Strategy, working closely with the marketing team to drive awareness, engagement, and attendance.
- Implement comprehensive safety and security protocols, coordinating with relevant agencies and implementing risk management strategies to safeguard attendees and protect the festival's reputation.
- Analyze and monitor key performance indicators, attendee feedback, and market trends to assess the success of the fan festival and identify areas for improvement and innovation.
- Prepare comprehensive reports and presentations for senior management, providing updates on the festival's progress, outcomes, and financial performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree or similar level of education in Marketing, Business Administration, Event Production, etc.
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience in large-scale event management
- Strongly detail-oriented and flexible
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure across multiple event sites
- Ability to lead, manage, and motivate a team
- Fluent in English. Spanish proficiency is a plus
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio & Project) and planning software and online collaboration tools
The FIFA World Cup 26™ will mark the first time that the tournament features 48 teams and will be hosted by three countries: Canada, Mexico, and the United States.
This new format redefines excellence, generating unique opportunities for greater participation and engagement from fans and players in North America and all over the world. Now is your time to be a game changer and join the workforce that is planning and delivering this unique and unforgettable experience.