The creative services intern will assist the Creative Services Department with the implementation and execution of graphic design elements used to support marketing efforts of the Columbus Blue Jackets brand awareness and sales initiatives.
Duties and Tasks
- Work with the creative services team to fulfill creative related requests within the organization.
- Assist with the design of elements including, but not limited to e-mail marketing, web banners, TV graphics, digital and social media content, newspaper advertisements, publications, sponsorship elements, signage, promotional and premium items, and direct mail.
- Adapt design elements to carry the continuity of the Blue Jackets branding guidelines throughout all collateral.
- Review final layouts and suggest improvements as needed, present final layout to supervisor or client for approval.
- Review quality of final product before release to client.
- Maintain image resource files and track
Demonstrate the ability to translate design concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail; demonstrates illustration and problem-solving skills.
- 15-20 intern hours available each week in-office
- In-office internship experience
- Internship timeline – May – August
- Hardware/software provided
- Must be enrolled in college or art school with a concentration in advertising, graphic design or illustration preferred
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Detail oriented with excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Columbus based candidates preferred
* Please note this is an unpaid internship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.