Job Title: Minor League Hitting Coordinator
Department: Baseball Operations – Player Development
Reports To: Major League Field Coordinator / Farm Director
Job Purpose: Coordinate the individual development of Minor League hitters and hitting coaches.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the creation & implementation of the Minor League hitting philosophy.
- Assist in developing & carrying out plans for each Minor League hitter.
- Manage Minor League hitting instructors and work through each individual coach to create consistent messaging for each Minor League player’s optimal offensive development.
- Host meetings and communicate with necessary players and staff to continue to educate Minor League personnel in various aspects of the Reds’ Minor League hitting philosophy.
- Provide feedback that will allow for a thorough evaluation of Minor League hitting coaches and assist Minor League Field Coordinator with annual expectations and reviews.
- Maintain communications with assigned players and cascade messages from Player Development coordinators, front office, and Major League staff as needed.
- Oversee documentation of information in internal Player Development application both in-season and off-season to ensure all necessary logs are accurate and updated.
- Report to team facilities and oversee high-quality on-field instruction at all assigned Minor League camps, programs, and affiliates.
- Assist in developing sustainable processes through creativity, collaboration, and allocation of resources.
- Work cross departmentally with other areas in Player Development.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Independent judgment and ability to multitask is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work long, flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Job involves a high amount of travel both domestically and internationally. A willingness to work from the road is essential.
- Must be trustworthy and discreet.
- High level of interpersonal skills and be able to effectively communicate with wide range of departments, seniority levels and personalities.
- Understanding of typical baseball data structures, plus knowledge of current baseball research and traditional baseball statistics and strategy.
Experience, Education and Licensure:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Player Development and/or Scouting experience with a professional baseball club preferred.
- Experience playing college and/or professional baseball preferred.
- Spoken and written fluency in English.
- Spoken and written fluency in Spanish is preferred.
- Ability to travel within the United States and internationally.
- Willing to relocate.
- Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures.
- Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization.
- Perform duties as workload necessitates.
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Meet department productivity standards.
- Willingness to learn. Open to new methodologies.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, military or veteran status, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.