Department: Baseball Operations – Clubhouse
Job Title: Clubhouse / Bat Person
Reports To: Senior Director, Clubhouse Operations
FLSA: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Job Purpose: To provide exemplary customer service to players, coaches, umpires, league officials and club personnel. Additionally, this individual will serve as Bat Boy during home games.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Player or staff requests
- Cleaning the Clubhouse and field
- Bullpen set-up
- Maintaining proper inventory of gear
- Unpacking and packing equipment and luggage for road trips
- Shipping and receiving packages/mail
- Assisting the Authentication Department with ordering uniforms and collecting game used items
- Set-up dugout and bullpen before each game
- Run baseballs to the umpire during the game
- Collect bats in-between batters
- Collect balls during batting practice
- Other duties as assigned
- Conducting inventory
- Ordering items for the Clubhouse as needed
- Preparation for Spring Training and the upcoming season
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Independent judgment and ability to multitask is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload.
- High level of attention to detail and strong work ethic.
- Understanding of baseball operations structure.
- Must be trustworthy and comfortable with managing sensitive information.
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with wide range of departments, seniority levels and personalities.
Experience, Education and Licensure:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be able to work all home games.
- Must be able to work for the duration of games.
- Willing to work long, flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Work is performed in an interior office/clubhouse environment. However, employee will also have “game day” responsibilities where the employee will be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures.
- Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization.
- Perform duties as workload necessitates.
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Meet department productivity standards.
- Willingness to learn. Open to new methodologies.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
I have read and understand that the performance standards outlined above will be used as basis for minimum job performance evaluation.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above are, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.