Stadium Operations Intern
The Stadium Operations intern will assist the full-time staff in all aspects of stadium and facility management, and guest experience including but not limited to event management, coordinating activities with stadium partners, stadium maintenance, housekeeping oversight, stadium staff training and development, and creating exceptional guest experiences. Will abide by and execute Ravens Common Purpose and Quality Standards of Safety, Courtesy, Presentation and Efficiency for guests and team members at each event. Position will run June 2024 through May 2025.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ravens Game Day Management – Assist in coordination of Ravens game day event management functions including pre-event stadium and operational preparations. Will be responsible for the management of operations event staff, set up of gates and team spaces, distribution of game day publications and giveaways, as well as various other gameday related set up and breakdown. Actively involved in departmental guest experience initiatives. Will be called upon to participate in the planning and execution of game related marketing activities as needed. Participate in event management functions as needed throughout the event. Aid the Stadium Operations Event Manager in maintaining stadium assets including (but not limited to) magnetometers, batteries, tablets, phones etc.
2. Ravens Event Management – Aid in managing and executing internal, external, and sponsorship events at M&T Bank Stadium. Assist in the overall planning of the event, including developing and executing event operations plan, coordinating with stadium partners, pre-event set up, quality control of event space, post event strike, and oversight of event and guest services staff.
3. Day to Day Operations of M&T Bank Stadium – Independently manage multiple tasks as assigned by Ravens Stadium Operations Staff. Aid in managing staffing for non-game events, including acting as a liaison between guest services and security sub-contractor and the Baltimore Ravens, assist in managing stadium security functions, responsible for distribution of daily departmental receivables.
4. Managing Staff – The successful candidate will effectively manage staff and/or sub-contractors during the process of event set-up and event strike for all Ravens events and selected other events held at M&T Bank Stadium.
5. Special Event Management – Aid in managing and executing Ravens related special events at M&T Bank Stadium which could include concerts, college and high school football games and non-football related sporting events. Assist in the overall planning of the event, including budgeting and financial analysis, contract management, developing and executing event operations plan, pre-event set up and post event strike, overseeing management of event and guest services staff.
6. Incident Tracking & Reporting – Assist the Stadium Operations Event Manager in populating data related to event incidents and activity reports after each event at M&T Bank Stadium. Additional responsibilities will include populating gate entry and gate queue tracking after each event. Analysis of data with MS Excel including production of graphs to identify trends, sectional analysis, and summary statistics as required.
7. Quality Control of Stadium Maintenance – Review and inspect items requiring maintenance throughout the stadium. Report maintenance items to management and conduct follow-up review prior to the next scheduled event.
8. Quality Control for Housekeeping – Directly responsible to interact with cleaning contractor to meet and surpass established janitorial specifications at the stadium. Provide visual inspections and reports of all stadium spaces on a weekly basis. Utilize software for tracking, monitoring and inspecting facility for quality of cleanliness in seating areas, concourses, restrooms, club level, press level and service level.
9. Snow Removal – Assist in managing snow removal crews during inclement weather. Assist in preparing the stadium for inclement weather, removal of snow and ice from stadium.
Required Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s Degree preferred and 2+ years of experience in Sport Management, Facility Management or other related field. Attention to detail, excellent communication and organization skills. Microsoft office proficiency is a must.
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills: Guest focus, drive for results, ability to multi-task, ability to work in a fast paced and busy work environment, willingness to obtain a fork lift license, and passion for sports. Ability to work a flexible work schedule including nights, weekends and holidays. This position requires working 40+ hours per week during game weeks or times when events occur at the stadium. The ability to lift up to 60lbs is required. This position requires a lot of walking, including walking up and down stairs multiple times per day. Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus.
How To Apply
ALL OF THESE STEPS MUST BE COMPLETED IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED. ANY APPLICATIONS MISSING ANY OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL CONSIDERED INCOMPLETE AND WILL, THEREFORE, NOT BE REVIEWED.
The Baltimore Ravens is an EEO employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's or employee's race, gender, age, national origin, color, religion, disability or any other protected basis under applicable law.