We are looking for two retail team managers to play an essential role in the heart of our retail department. One will focus on sales and the other will lean towards the stock management side of the role.You will be entrusted with the responsibility of implementing, monitoring and reviewing the effectiveness of commercial operations related to our stocks, sales and customer experience.
Working collaboratively with colleagues across the department, you'll be vital in delivering an exceptional operational plan on both a day-to-day and matchday basis. Your role will entrust you to inspire, motivate and mentor our retail team leaders and support them in the management of our highly valued team.
Who we are
We are one of the most famous clubs in world football, with a rich heritage and history of success – read more about our history, here.
Beyond that, we are passionate about our local community and, behind the scenes, we have a wide variety of opportunities and career paths for all. We have a very defined purpose: to act for a winning team, culture and community. We achieve this by ensuring we are courageous in the pursuit of progress, we champion our community and each other, and that we do the right thing (even when no one is looking).
- Proactively drive our retail operations plan - you'll take great pride in implementing key tactics in-store that cover our objectives across sales, service, compliance and regulatory standards and staff engagement
- Champion departmental growth - you will actively support the evolution of the retail leadership team and drive the wider growth strategy
- Drive sales in-store - you'll enjoy motivating the team to surpass our revenue targets on both a day-to-day and matchday basis
- Establish best-in-class stock management practices - you'll take the lead on driving thorough stock takes and establishing robust theft prevention processes
- Lead by example - you'll take on line management responsibility for our passionate team leaders and partner with them to ensure the achievement of our KPIs and objectives
- Coach and develop our talent - you will play an impactful part in recruiting and training our team, leading them to deliver best-in-class service
- Uphold exceptional standards - you will take great pride in maintaining store standards and ensuring that we're ahead of the game and ready to provide a fantastic experience to customers
- Set the team up for success - you'll take responsibility for the delivery of kit and product launches, store events, matchdays and retail kiosks
- Support continuous improvement - you will work closely with fellow retail leaders to suggest and implement ambitious in-store modifications to enhance customer experience and engagement
What we are looking for
- Experience in sports retail - you come with a background of providing exceptional customer service in a sport focused in-store environment
- Courageous and inspiring leader - you've got experience of direct line management and you thrive when you're inspiring and motivating retail teams to achieve excellence
- Commercially aware - you understand the commercial needs and proactively support retail leaders to drive sales, service, cost control and customer experience
- Passion for visual merchandising - you know how to turn heads and intrigue our customers in a way that's authentic to our brand
- Confident with stock management - you're well versed in coordinating stock takes and establishing loss prevention processes and you've previously controlled high volume deliveries and stock file management
- Strategic mindset - you think beyond the here and now and actively forward plan for months in advance to ensure the delivery of a well executed retail operations plan
- People-first management approach - you're adept at providing feedback to your team and taking ownership for their development
- An understanding of payroll processes - you're comfortable ensuring that our team are paid correctly and confident scheduling and actioning the weekly payroll
- Flexible and adaptable - you understand the dynamics that come with a sports retail role and you're happy to work matchdays, evenings, weekend and bank holiday shifts as and when required
Why choose us
At Arsenal, we want everyone to feel a sense of trust and belonging, so we are proud of both our club values and also what we offer to our employees. As one of our Gunners, you will receive:
- An exciting reward and recognition scheme
- Generous holiday allowance which increases with your length of service
- Great internal learning and development programmes
- A flexible hybrid working model
- Priority access to apply for match tickets
- A competitive health and wellbeing benefits package
- A leading Employee Assistance Programme
- Great discounts with some of our Partners
Arsenal for Everyone
Arsenal for Everyone is our commitment to promoting and embracing equality, diversity and inclusion, so that everyone connected to the club feels like they belong to the same Arsenal family. We believe that diversity of background, skills and experience drives our success on and off the pitch.
Disability Confident Leader
We are a Disability Confident Leader. We actively welcome applications from people with disabilities and long-term health conditions. If you need disability-related adjustments to the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
If you are likely to meet the definition of being a ‘disabled person’ according to the Equality Act 2010, we will offer you an interview if you meet the minimum criteria for a role. Please choose the option of a guaranteed interview on your application form. The information you share with us about your health or disability will not be used in recruitment decisions.
Closing Date: Please note, applications for this role will close on Monday 5th February 2024