Job Title: AV Technician
Job Reports To: Broadcast & AV Engineer
Location: FEDEXFIELD - Landover MD
Status: Regular Full-time
The Washington Commanders is looking for an AV Technician to join our Operations team as a full-time employee to support the Broadcast and AV Engineer in all aspects of FedEx Field (Landover, MD) and Inova Sports Performance Center’s (Ashburn, VA) electronic video presentation facilities (in-stadium video/audio control room), broadcast and content technologies, as well as live event support for non-football events held at FedEx Field. This position will provide technical assistance of event coverage including all home games and non-football events.
- Assist Broadcast and AV Engineer with duties including, but not limited to:
- Maintaining proper working conditions of the Audio/Video systems both digitally and physically.
- Maintaining inventory of equipment.
- Supporting live event production/broadcasting.
- Troubleshooting and resolving A/V system problems.
- Performing other preventative maintenance duties as needed.
- Setting up audio, video & lighting equipment for various complex events, shows and meetings.
- Set up and operate equipment and lights.
- Monitor sound feeds from microphones/speakers to ensure quality.
- Maintain inventory of equipment.
- Conduct preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Clean audio and video equipment and store properly.
- Know and comply with company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- High level of commitment to exceptional customer service.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Brings a positive energy to workplace.
- Works well in a fast-paced high-volume work environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and attention to details.
- Available to work a variety of day/night and weekend shifts.
- Be able to work effectively with other departments receiving and communicating instructions via telephone or in person.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments and venue managers.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree.
- Live sports broadcast event experience in technical broadcast control rooms/trucks, video board maintenance and operation, and stadium audio speakers/systems
Essential Physical Functions:
- Lifting and handling heavy video equipment required.
- Must be able to perform physical work which includes lifting and carrying equipment up to 50lbs.
- Ability to climb portable and fixed ladders.
Equipment Used (but not limited to):
Sony Cameras; Ross Switcher, Xpression, Piero; EVS; Click Effects; Planar; RTS; Evertz; iCap; Harris Routers and Frame Syncs; Crest Audio; Crown Amps; Yamaha Mixer; Radiocom mics; Shure mics; Electrosonics mics; Roland AR; Dante Controller; Audio Architect; Blonder Tongue equipment.
NFL GSIS, AWS and ICE systems
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.