As a Software Developer within a DevOps team your main objective is to design, develop and deploy automated solutions that will enhance our current systems and applications, as well as create innovative solutions that will move our organization and team forward. You will work in various areas of software development spanning data architecture and design and be part of a team that is responsible for seamless delivery, implementation, support, and issue resolution.
Working closely with our Software Development Manager and other team members, you will collaborate and contribute your expertise to ensure that the team delivers the best possible results and stays ahead of the competition. With this position, you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact and drive innovation within the organization and the hockey analytics team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design, develop, and maintain core infrastructure and services for the hockey analytics platform.
• Develop and maintain internal tools and dashboards to aid in the analysis and interpretation of hockey data.
• Monitor system performance and troubleshoot production issues in a timely manner.
• Work closely with other members of the DevOps team to build and maintain the CI/CD pipelines.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements and design scalable, maintainable, and efficient software systems.
• Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and adherence to coding standards.
• Provide technical leadership and mentorship to junior developers and interns.
• Write automated tests for your code and help maintain test suites to ensure code quality.
• Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented programming concepts.
• Proficiency in Python, including software design, development, and debugging.
• Experience with SQL and/or NoSQL databases.
• Experience with cloud services or technologies such as GCP, AWS, or Azure.
• Experience with DevOps tools and practices such as Docker, Kubernetes, and CI/CD pipelines.
• Understanding of software testing methodologies and experience with testing frameworks such as pytest or unittest.
• Knowledge of Git version control system.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
• Familiarity with DevOps practices such as continuous integration, continuous delivery, and infrastructure-as-code.
• Experience with maintaining and building ETL/ELT pipelines.
• Familiarity with Python web frameworks such as Flask, Django
• Experience with developing and maintaining REST APIs.
• Experience with Linux/Unix operating systems.
• Familiarity with Airflow or other workflow schedule automation systems.
• Experience in designing database architectures, including data modeling, schema design, normalization, indexing, and query optimization.
• Experience in data integrations and data services utilizing technologies such as Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, PostgreSQL, Google Big Query
• Experience or Familiarity with front end frameworks, JS, HTML, CSS is a welcomed bonus.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
• This position work in a typical office environment with a moderate noise level.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.