At Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E) we work in service of something bigger than ourselves. We strive to create moments that excite, memories that endure, and connections that strengthen our community.
We are seeking a dynamic Security leader to join our family! The person in this role will manage and provide direction for 24-hour building security staff and contractors, and lead in all phases of building security, and life safety for the Frost Bank Center. Additionally, this person will lead a Security Manager and six Security Leads, 12 full time Security I guards and 13 part time Security Guards as they plan, organize and direct their security team members in the performance of all necessary job functions for day-to-day operations and events at our venue. Our ideal candidate will possess strong skills in partnership and collaboration, as well as training and holding a team accountable. Does this sound like a fit for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
- Lead all aspects of the security operations for the Frost Bank Center. This includes but is not limited to 24-hour security and contractors.
- Coordinate and implement policies and procedures around staff and event safety requirements that are in alignment with our values. Safety and Security policies should remain up to date and staff should be knowledgeable on how to properly implement the program initiatives.
- Provide effective leadership and collaboration in regard to the security planning and management for events at the Frost Bank Center in partnership with the various stakeholders. Serve, motivate, and train all staff, in order to create and maintain a positive work environment. Develop and empower Leads to lead, coach, mentor, train as needed.
- Assist in interactions with external clients and officials to ensure the venue is well prepared from a security, and safety, to include sports league officials, law enforcement, homeland security and others. Develop and maintain close working relationships with the local Police and Fire Departments, and other local municipalities, county departments, state, and federal authorities to facilitate plan development, response effort coordination.
- Assist in conducting security and safety audits of the property on a regular basis to ensure effective and efficient security operations at all locations.
- Budget, forecast and conduct long-term planning for the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or commensurate experience in Criminal Justice or a similar field.
- 5+ years’ experience with progressive responsibility working with either the NBA, NFL, NHL, or MLB or combination thereof.
- 5+ years' experience security experience.
- Ability to achieve and retain an active State Security License
- Knowledge in the field of alarms, CCTV and access control systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with diverse staff, tenacious work ethnic and strong, written communication skills.
- Proficient with computer programs and software, such as Microsoft Suite.
- Must be thorough and highly organized with an ability to handle multiple tasks and adapt to change.
- Ability to complete projects and resolve issues expeditiously, independently and with minimal supervision while showing initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to resolve and deescalate difficult situations
- Certified in CPR and other emergency/life saving techniques preferred
- Must have a flexible schedule and the ability to work long hours, including overnights, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Some travel is required.
- 10% of job can be performed remotely/90% of to be performed onsite as needed. Subject to change based on event schedule.