Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E) is looking for a dedicated security professional to join our team!
This position will be located at our brand new campus, The Rock at La Cantera. The Rock is a 44 acres campus that will include the Victory Capital Performance Center which is home to the San Antonio Spurs, a Community Events Plaza, a County Park, and 400,000 square feet of restaurant, retail, office, and medical spaces. This role will be responsible for maintain established security policies and procedures to protect our organizations’s franchises, The Rock campus and assests, along with our employees and guests. Our ideal candidates will be able to quickly respond situations, and immediately make a decision on how to take action to maintain a safe and secure environment. The ability to be procative about potential threats is a must! Does this sound like a fit for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
In every position, each employee is expected to: demonstrate alignment with SS&E’s core values and mission, collaborate with internal/external family members and demonstrate ongoing development.
**This is a part time position**
- Regulateas and controls access to restricted and secure areas. (i.e., event level, receiving dock, locker rooms, executives office space, and other sensitive areas).
- Monitors, patrols, and responds to alarms/emergency situations inside/outside The Rock campus.
- Provides quick, professional, and effective response in security and/or safety related situations.
- Communicates with VIPs and other visitors attending events in and around The Rock campus, and serves as a subject matter expert to answer any questions or inquiries.
- Effectively and professionally communicates both verbally and written where appropriate, in situations where reports are generated, or direction is needed.
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves safety concerns while enforcing guidelines to reduce unsafe practices.
- Regularly and effectively generates safety awareness and training.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at all times.
- Other duties as assigned by security leadership which are not outlined in this document.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of related experience in the security field.
- Have a basic understanding of security access control systems, protocols, CCTV and other security related equipment.
- Has an understanding of basic security protocols and safety programs.
- Ability to obtain a Level 2 Security License and Certification required while in this position.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. as needed.
- Possess a availability to work long, flexible hours including some evenings, weekends, and holidays (potential rorating shifts).
- Must possess good verbal and written communication and team building skills.
- Must be a self-starter, with initiative and exceptional, sound decision making skills.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods in extreme outdoors conditions for the duration of assigned shift.
- Must possess the ability to meet dress standards. As a representative of SS&E, dress standards are highly reflective of our brand.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.).
- College credits
- 1 year of security experience
- Armed Forces service