The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, proud members of the American Hockey League (AHL), is seeking a full-time Strength & Conditioning Coach. This position will manage all areas of the team’s Strength & Conditioning program and report to the Director of High Performance.
- Overseeing the team’s weight room, player workouts, and conditioning of all players.
- Provide a positive atmosphere during workouts and help players maximize their availability and minimize injury.
- Attend and observe training, practice, and performance and use their observations in conjunction with athlete records to assess strengths and weaknesses and design programs accordingly.
- Maintain detailed, accurate, and updated athlete records in order to track athlete progress.
- Perform baseline tests to assess the skills and weaknesses of each individual athlete.
- Assist the Performance team in Pittsburgh during the team main training camp with player testing and with weight room training sessions.
- Maintain the same high standards throughout the season.
- Help collect sports science data and organize it in a way that is helpful to the Head Coach and staff.
- Assist with the development and implementation of player education initiatives in key areas of athlete performance (training, nutrition, sleep, recovery, etc.)
- Assist with the development and implementation of individualized game day preparation and recovery plans.
- Work in collaboration with the athletic training staff in the rehabilitation and strengthening of injured players.
- Help and assist the athletic training staff with detailed return to play programs.
- Ensure all programming and testing records are organized, maintained, and updated in a timely manner.
- Develop professional reports for sharing with the Head Coach, General Manager, and the Performance Team.
- Assist with regular performance audits and a comprehensive audit/review process at the end of each season.
- NSCA Certification required
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Analyze and solve problems independently.
- Have the ability to work effectively with coaching and operational staff.
- Understand, adhere, and enforce safety procedures.
- Work in high intensity, competitive, and results driven environment.
College / University Degree is required.
Experience working as a strength and conditioning coach in a team setting.
Must have a valid driver’s license.
We believe that a diverse team is vital to building the world’s best sports team. Thus, we strongly encourage you to apply if you identify with any underrepresented community across race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all of our employees are enabled and empowered to succeed and thrive
- The position requires unconventional hours and regular travel both in and out of season, and frequent work outside of normal business hours to ensure all deadlines and responsibilities are met.
- Eligibility to work legally in the United States must be maintained.