Job Title: Event Staff (Part-Time)
Employer: Sabertooth Sports & Entertainment (“SS&E”)
Job Location: F&M Bank Arena Clarksville, TN (“FMBA”)
Department: Guest Services
Job Reports to: Manager, Public Safety & Event Staffing
Status: Non-Exempt (Part-time, Hourly)
About the Role: | Event staff will be responsible for securing the building and equipment of the arena and enforcing access throughout the building. They will maintain order before, during, and after events. Event Staff will be assigned to a variety of posts during an event. Examples are guest screening using walk through metal detectors and/or handheld wands, posts securing access to restricted areas of the facility or securing parking facilities for events. Positions may require standing or walking for long periods of time. Specific post assignments are subject to change from event to event. All Event Staff must be able to work any position as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer: | SS&E is an equal opportunity employer. The organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability status, genetic information, or any other applicable federal or state protected classification. The organization celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] to request an accommodation.
- Provide quality guest service and assistance to clients, guests and other Team Members.
- Inspect assigned work area prior to and during event, looking for safety hazards, facility issues, housekeeping needs and immediately report any found issues to Team Member, Supervisor.
- Welcome our guests with a smile and helpful attitude as they enter the building or assigned areas.
- Work ID checkpoints, access-only areas and seating sections as assigned.
- Monitor assigned area for issues and identify opportunities to make lasting memories for our guests.
- Remain attentive to the needs and professionally responsive to the demeanor of all guests providing proactive assistance to all with the highest level of customer service.
- Identify, receive and quickly act upon requests or complaints from guests; refer serious problems to Team Members, Supervisor, Public Safety Department, as appropriate.
- Detect unauthorized persons and violators of Arena (or other facility) policies and report and handle appropriately.
- Retain an extensive knowledge of Arena (or other facility as needed), seating sections, key venue personnel identity, policies and emergency activity procedures.
- Work cooperatively with all Team Members across the facility.
- Attend facility trainings when necessary.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- 18 Years Old.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Friendly, outgoing personality with a desire to serve the company and public.
- Customer service experience.
- Ability to speak and communicate clearly with others. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to read and write clearly and legibly in order to draft clear, thorough incident reports.
- Previous security experience an asset.
- Must have or be able to obtain TN Private Protective Services Unarmed Security Guard license.
- Available to work a variety of shifts, including evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
- As a condition of employment, qualified applicants will be subject to a background check, including a criminal history check, driving history and character references.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Physical requirements include sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, lifting, grasping, etc.
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time and climb stairs.
- Must be willing to work in adverse conditions in outside positions when assigned.
- Lifting requirements – must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Office Equipment (PC based desktop, Multi-line Phone System, etc.)
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instruction or assignments.