Job Title: Affiliate Nutrition Fellow
Job Summary: The Kansas City Royals Affiliate Nutrition Fellow is responsible for providing our minor league players with effective strategies to perform at the highest level, optimize their performance, and coordinating the nutrition services for their affiliate team. Acting as an onsite presence for performance nutrition and supporting all in-season initiatives. We have 3 openings for this role across our different locations: Omaha, NE (AAA)/ Springdale, AR (AA) / Davenport, IA (High A)/ Columbia, and SC (Low A)
- Implementation of the Kansas City Royals Nutrition System.
- Maintain effective communication regarding athlete nutrition with the Nutrition department, strength and conditioning and medical departments.
- Assess and analyze dietary habits, body composition, and energy balance of players to enhance and maintain athletic performance.
- Conduct nutrition consultations to provide individualized nutrition strategies for players based on needs and/or goals.
- Work with the medical team to provide medical nutrition therapy to help manage and monitor medical conditions as well illness & injury recovery.
- Stay up to date on scientific research and trends about sports and medical nutrition.
- Monitor the use of supplements by each player, promoting the NSF Certified for Sport program.
- Assist with NSF Certified for Sports supplement inventory and distribution.
- Collaborate with team physicians, field staff, coaches, athletic trainers, catering companies on athlete nutritional needs.
- Integrate nutrition protocols and education with injured players and the injury rehabilitation staff.
- Oversee minor league nutrition needs adhering to assigned budgets.
- Collaborate on fatigue management and performance outcomes with other departments.
- Coordinate and provide nutritional guidance for meals and snacks at all affiliates for both home and away clubhouses.
- Coordinate meals with home clubhouse managers, caterers and/or chefs.
- Provide performance nutrition education through created documents, presentations, digital communication, and other various teaching methods.
- Collaborate with the Director of Sports Nutrition in the development of education and growth for the Kansas City Royals Performance Nutrition system.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by the Director of Sports Nutrition.
- Hours include nights, weekends, and some holidays
Position Qualifications, Skills, and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in nutrition or dietetics.
- Registered Dietitian (RD) credential or on track to acquire credential.
- Master's degree in nutrition, food science, or exercise physiology, preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience within a professional, private, or collegiate program
- Knowledge of food service operations, quality control, and safety practices.
- Knowledge and application of medical nutrition therapy, food service management, ergogenic aids, and supplementation.
- Ability to accurately measure and assess body composition.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and counseling skills.
- Computing - proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent time management, organizational, and record keeping abilities.
- Self-motivator, ability to work independently as well as within a group.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Ability to lift items weighing as much as 50 pounds
- Must be able to work in a standing position for majority of workday
- Must be able to be productive utilizing a computer keyboard and telephone
- Must be able to be productive in a work environment where the noise level can be high at times
- Must be comfortable walking to navigate the facility to access the office, concourse, etc.
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as required by deadlines and event scheduling
- Monthly Stipend
- Duration: March through end of affiliate season (may include post-season coverage)
- Benefits: Not Included
- Meals: Provided when onsite, at least 2/day
- Gear: Provided
To Apply: click the link and attached a resume, cover letter and 3 professional references
The physical demands described here are representative of those that may be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit for long periods of time; walk; use hands, handle, or feel.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, the Kansas City Royals will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, the Club also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions please inquire with Human Resources by email at [email protected].
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.