The Houston Texans are in a season of growth and are seeking an individual for the position of Director of Operations & Logistics.
Our Texans Teammate Habits:
- Dedication to the team
- Be adaptable
- Passion for work
- Win with integrity
- Own the outcome
The Texans CHARGE
Be Champions in Every Way by Cultivating Excellence and Fearlessly Evolving
Culture: Weattract the best and brightest professionals by nurturing core ideals such as character, hard work, discipline, and teamwork. We reward performances and demand a total commitment to excellence and a will to win in everything that we choose to do.
Basic Function: The Director of Operations and Logistics will lead the execution of inventory management, maintenance, operations, and parking strategies. The position will manage the day-to-day operations and activities of parking and operational logistics collaboratively and inclusively.
- Accountable to warehouse, office services, vendor management, logistics, and overall event management for Houston Texans/LSSE Organizational events.
- Support Houston Texans Events in planning and execution of large-scale events such as games, drafts, gatherings, watch parties, College Football games, Soccer and Concerts produced through effective communication and planning with both internal and external resources, partners, and vendors.
- Responsible for parking operation & event day management of the entire parking operation. Maintain key relationships with ASM, HPD, HCSO, Houston Transtar, COH Traffic Engineering and gameday vendors.
- Lead the development and accountable to the budgeting, staffing levels, and labor utilization for the Houston Texans Operations and Logistics department.
- Collaborate with sponsorship, sales, marketing, and other departments to ensure partner event needs & gameday activations are satisfied.
- Prepare and maintain required reports & records for Houston Texans, key stakeholders, and upper management team, including event recap notes & internal collaboration efforts to provide solutions to event day challenges.
- Responsible for set-up of exterior operations, on-site & off-site labor needs as well as inventory management.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures, checklists, and training manuals for areas of oversight and institute culture of process and accountability.
- Support oversight of event command post/parking command and event incident tracking systems conducting regular analysis of operational data. Identify trends and opportunities to streamline operations and enhance the guest experience.
- Responsible for the operational aspects of ensuring the property around NRG Park Complex is appropriately configured based on the internal needs, including but not limited to parking needs, perimeter needs, directional signage and identifying common area damage or repairs necessary to provide a safe venue for all guests visiting Houston Texans organizational events.
- Perform various other tasks that may be assigned from time to time by SVP, Operations and Event Management
Subject to reasonable accommodations, position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
- Analytical Skills – Synthesize information; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs and generates creative solutions.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully. Must be able to develop solutions quickly and effectively.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Share skills with others and recognizes training opportunities for staff.
- Oral Communications – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification. Demonstrates group presentation skills and participates in meetings.
- Written Communications – Writes clearly and informatively.
- Change Management – Communicates changes effectively. Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change and monitor’s transition.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well. Readily accepts feedback from others and provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates. Displays enthusiasm, passion, and optimism.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions and exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Includes appropriate people in decision making process.
- Motivation – Demonstrates excellent personal motivation and encourages others to be motivated and enthusiastic. Shows persistence and overcomes obstacles. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to produce high-quality, accurate work within designated deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software applications.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university preferred.
- High School Diploma required.
- Minimum 5 years working in Operations and/or Logistics required.
Title: Director of Operations & Logistics
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Operations & Event Management
Reports to: SVP, Operations & Event Management
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
The Houston Texans organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.