Formula One Management Limited is one of the principal subsidiaries of the Formula 1 Group which holds the commercial rights to the FIA Formula One World Championship™.
Key activities of the Group include the exploitation of the commercial rights, race support services including filming, editing and broadcasting, timing and accreditation, hospitality and trackside advertising as well as circuit operation. The Group also includes a travel company and the Formula1.com website. Extensive technical and logistical functions exist to support these activities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the full purchase ledger cycle for a number of companies within the group.
- Processing high volume of invoices and credit notes through Exflow ReadSoft scanning tool and D365 accounting system.
- Accurate matching of invoices to purchase orders (POs).
- Coding of non-PO invoices and referral through workflow to suitable manager for approval.
- Liaising with managers and requisitioners across the business to ensure that POs are raised, approved, and receipted to allow payment.
- Act as the primary point of contact for suppliers, ensuring that all queries are dealt with promptly and efficiently and that the turnaround between receipt and payment of invoices is kept to a minimum, in order that our corporate image and high standards are maintained.
- Responsibility for weekly multi-currency supplier payments through BACS, CHAPS, and telegraphic transfers, ensuring payments are made on time.
- Preparation and upload of bulk payment runs (BACS, SEPA, CHAPS, WIRE) through online banking system.
- Inputting and posting of manual payments into online banking system.
Expenses and Per Diems
- Reviewing of expense and per diem claims, ensuring that they are paid correctly and on time.
- Liaising with staff and management to deal with any queries arising from claims.
- Reviewing of credit card statements and liaising with cardholders to obtain all relevant receipts and authorisations in support of the statements.
- Merging of documents (e.g. invoices, POs, email approvals) into single pdf document
- Checking supplier statements.
- Investigating and answering queries on invoices or payments from suppliers and managers within the business.
- Completing and documenting verification process for supplier bank detail changes
Experience & Skills Required
- Experience working in a Purchase Ledger department.
- Someone that has a pro active approach and shows initiative in all situations.
- Someone who can demonstrate a methodical and conscientious approach to work with excellent attention to detail.
- A team player who has the ability to support and build relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Someone who is able to apply a structured approach towards balancing multiple demands and priorities. Actively looking for ways to improve PL processes.
- Good communication skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels.
- Familiar with Adobe Acrobat, including merging.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Experience of using MS Dynamics 365 software would be advantageous.